Vincent Zhao

lillippa328

lillippa328

he have any really good TV series? I believe he was in Book and Sword if im not mistaken, but i didnt like that

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw him in Seven Swordsmen, but I would not call it a really good series.

It started well as the seven swordsmen get together, but the middle dragged as the focused on one of the swordsmen for a long time. That was my feeling anyway. There were good parts to it, but it lacked that "must see the next episode" feeling that I get with the best tv series.

But Vincent Zhao was in it. I felt he did well in his action scenes, but sometimes his acting was dragging the scene down. I like his hand to hand fighting as in the Black Sheep Affair (aka Another Meltdown) but this is a swordplay tv series, so most of his action was with the sword. I would say that the series was watchable, but not a must-see. On the other hand, if you are a big Vincent Zhao fan, you might enjoy the series more than I did. If they had kept up the pacing of the beginning I would have enjoyed it more.

Master of Tai Chi is his best (most recent) kungfu series. Available with English subs, it's the first TVB series in HD quality.

It's sold online, just google it

Amazing how he performed Tai Chi and they're almost all hand2hand combat.

taichi.jpg

kingofkungfu2002

Currently halfway through the Master Of Tai Chi series, and really enjoying it (though Myolie Wu's constant crying is a bit annoying :l)

Yes Myolie Wu is annoying, and Melissa Ng could use more emotion sometimes.

Keep watching, the series gets better and the fights get more intense. Amazing Tai Chi fights.

I picked up Tai Chi Master on your recommendation WW, but it may be a while before I get to it.

Great, you will like Vincent Zhao in this Taichi oriented series, the taichi fights involving him, Lau Siu-Ming and Derek Kwok are nothing short of excellent. You have to give credit for Raymond Lam for taking months of martial arts training to prepare him to fight Vincent Zhao in this series. Among the pop idols of TVB who normally can't fight for jack in these recent series, he actually looked decent.

lillippa328

I just finished this series...and maaaaaaan this was EXCELENT!!!!!!!!!

I know some of yall dont like the stories and the drama aspects, but man, this one did it so good imo....the story kept me watching, the action kept me wanting more...and it delivers the whole way through...great twist, great turns, great characters, everything!!

Tho I agree...the one girl needs to stop crying every episode lol...she is a very pretty girl, she needs 2 be happy more....

but excellent! 10/10!

I am glad to see this guy is back with True Legend, even though I have not seen that. I have seen a lot of his films and always got the impression that he was a poor man's Jet Li, which is too bad because I think he had a lot more talent than Li and had better looks.

A few years ago I was on an Air China flight to Beijing and the in-flight magazine had a short piece about him saying that he signed with CAA and was moving to Los Angeles and would soon be appearing in Hollywood films. It seems nothing came out of that because that was a few years ago and I am not aware of him being in any American films.

Last I saw of him was a PSA he did that was on youtube. He looked like he aged quite a bit. Too bad his best years are probably behind him. He never really got the respect he deserves.

Archived