Your Favorite Shaw male star.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

MarsHarmony
Don't have the experience most of you do, but I would say the two who have impressed me the most so far have been Gordon Liu (for obvious reasons) and Alexander Fu Sheng. AFS, probably not the most skilled (I think) but his Charisma and acting were great. Were these two ever in any movies together?

Yes, Gordon Liu Chia Hui and Fu Sheng were in the following films together-

Shaolin Martial Arts, Five Shaolin Masters, Marco Polo, 7 Man Army, Boxer Rebellion, Treasure Hunters, Cat vs. Rat, Legendary Weapons of China and of course 8 Diagram Pole Fighter. All of which are very worthy of viewing. Enjoy!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarsHarmony

With his highly UNDERRATED martial arts skills, exquisite dramatic abilities, superb comic timing, and looks to die for - FU SHENG!

This is a really tough question.

I like SO many of there prime time actors I can't choose.

How about you?

GD Y-Y

This is a very tough question. I'll have to go with the old dude that works in all of the restaurants in these movies (LOL). ;)

Of course in first place Alexander Fu Sheng. One of a kind. Underrated with his martial artist skills? See all of them again please! He can do comedy and drama. Not all the actors can deal with those extrems.

In second place but too closer, Ti Lung. He was the elegance and charm itself. But above the possible appreciations, he got the "scenic presence". Never in the life David Chiang got this! (sorry! the fans of David please don't kill me!) And love the brothers Lau Kar Leung and Lau Kar Wing, Meng Fei (for god sake this guy deserved an honour place!), and Wong Yu.

Alexandra

It's all a matter of personal tastes. For me, the moment David Chiang enters the screen, Ti Lung's presence dims considerably. The little guy may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he did (and still does) have some screen presence. Sort of reminds me of a meerkat, who steals the show from a lion (naturally - meerkats are so much cooler)...

But of course - we're all sensitive to different kinds of vibes.

I've never understood what people love so much about Fu Sheng, for example...:-) He sure was good, I sort of like him... But I don't really get all the swooning...:-)

MarsHarmony

I've never understood what people love so much about Fu Sheng, for example...:-) He sure was good, I sort of like him... But I don't really get all the swooning...:-)

In response may I quote Ron Perhlman's character 'Johner' in "Alien Ressurrection",

"Must be a chick thing!"

We ladies just love Fu Sheng. hahahhahahahahahaha

Not sure if I count as a lady, but I'm female enough I suppose...:-)

I'm a natural born fangirl, actually.

But I guess David Chiang, Lau Wing or Wai Pak are more my thing...;) Or Ku Feng. I go all "squeee" over Ku Feng in Have Sword, Will Travel...XD

Well... Different strokes for different girls...:angel:

Lau Sifu is my favorite. Though his roles are far too few, he shines like no other.

Closely following him are Gordon Liu and Ti Lung. Both are terrific actors and martial artists that have each been in many oustanding roles.

thanks for writing what I was gonna say.... :)

The Silver Fox

Chen Kuan-Tai-great all around star. Good real-life martial artist,capable and charismatic actor. He puts his heart into the role.

Ricky Cheng-I know he's not in too many Shaw movies but he is the lead in my favourite, 5EN. I can't really think of anybody with better skills. He excells at acrobatic stuff,hand to hand and weapons work and is funny as well.

Ti Lung-adds credibility to anything he appears in.

MarsHarmony
Not sure if I count as a lady, but I'm female enough I suppose...:-)

I'm a natural born fangirl, actually.

But I guess David Chiang, Lau Wing or Wai Pak are more my thing...;) Or Ku Feng. I go all "squeee" over Ku Feng in Have Sword, Will Travel...XD

Well... Different strokes for different girls...:angel:

:monkey08

Please, please, please...forgive me. I am sorry, Of course, you count as a lady!!!!!!!!! ha, I am an idiot, I should have known you were a girl. Please forgive me, my fellow Lady Shaw Brothers fan.

You know, I think we might be the amongst the few women who think David Chiang is pretty dang coo!

I completely agree about Ku Feng! what a little hunk he is, one of the best actors too. He breaks my heart in "One Armed Swordsman", I want to follow him to rebel in "The Water Margin", and he is the epitome of evil, so handsome too, in "Avenging Eagle".

All the best to you.

Hard to say, have alot of favorites for different reasons. Some of my favorites..Lo Lieh, Danny Lee Sau Yin, Ti Lung, Gordon Liu, Tien Feng..

You know, I think we might be the amongst the few women who think David Chiang is pretty dang coo!

Hahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahhhahaah! I'm the only woman that hates David Chiang! He has not scenic presence (not even in dreams) he was not pretty at all (the same expressions in all the movies) he was not a great martial artist at all (I'm not an expert but I have eyes) he don't makes me feel absolutely -----nothing. If I see Ti Lung, as example, my face turn into a kind of "lifting expression" because my admiration for this man. This is a MAN.

And of course, the beauty, the charm, the charisma, the versatility, the masculinity, the crazy nutt brains (this is seduction too), sensual, good fighter, etc, etc, etc, goes for Alexander Fu Sheng forever.

All the women are differents. Sorry all the fans of David Chiang.

Alexandra

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

They're all great but:

1. Ku Feng

Ti Lung

David Chiang

Chen Kuan Tai

Pai Pao

Yueh Hua

Lo Lieh

Liu Chia Yung (a personel fave/great fighter)

Liu Chia Liang

Chiao Chuang (a personel fave/great actor)

Liu Yung

Fan Mei Sheng (another personal fave)

Chan Shen

Chan Hsing

Fu Sheng

Ling Yun

Kuo Chui

Chiang Sheng

Lu Feng

Lo Mang

Sun Chien

Wang Li (another personal fave)

there are many more...

paimeifist

Lo Lieh, Gordon Liu, Hsiao Hou..

Lo Lieh - Well, firstly Pai Mei is the greatest villain in any kung fu movie I have seen, and every other villain he plays is great as well, I.E. Mad Monkey Kung Fu..

Gordon Liu - Come on now..

Hsiao Hou - Very underrated, in an impressive amount of great movies...Best Monkey Style I've seen.

Maaaan this is a tough question. I don't really want to narrow them down to one choice, but for the purpose of this thread I will. I'm gonna say Lo Lieh.

Archived