Your Favorite Shaw male star.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

This is a really tough question.

I like SO many of there prime time actors I can't choose.

How about you?

GD Y-Y

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazedjustice888

I would have to say either Chi Kuan Chun or Gordon Liu. Both are EXCELLENT fighters of the Hung style and both show it quickly, accurately, and with real life intention. At least I think so. LKL is a close second behind them.

So many great actors to choose from.

At this time I'm going through a Venoms phase so I'll say the 2 that are battling for top position on my list are Kou Chue and Gordon Liu.

I'd have to go with Chen Kuan Tai, decent screen fighter, real-life martial arts background, great screen presence, and a really excellent actor, IMO. He didn't just play "himself" all the time, as he played some very different characters in Blood Brothers, Executioners from Shaolin, Boxer from Shantung, The Master, etc.

I would have to say either Chi Kuan Chun or Gordon Liu. Both are EXCELLENT fighters of the Hung style and both show it quickly, accurately, and with real life intention. At least I think so. LKL is a close second behind them.

I wish Chi Kuan Chun had been given more starring roles---I thought he was great both as an actor and a screen fighter.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Lau Sifu is my favorite. Though his roles are far too few, he shines like no other.

Closely following him are Gordon Liu and Ti Lung. Both are terrific actors and martial artists that have each been in many oustanding roles.

Agree with Nostaliaking, Chen Kuan Tai and David Chaing, the two best actors at Shaws....and then CKT's martial arts was the real deal, and David had a great screen presence.

It's a hard one, probably LKL now because I know he's the real deal, but I always liked Kuo Chui since I was a kid.

It's hard for me to choose between Chen Kwan Tai, Ti Lung and David Chiang. All are great actors. If I had to choose to see one movie with any one of these actors, I guess I'd go with Ti Lung. He has a great body of work both with Shaw Bros and after.

DeathShrike

Lo Lieh. He can make a mediocre Shaw Brothers film better, just with a strong performance. I think the best example of this is Dragon Missile. It's a not-bad movie, but I find Lo Lieh's villain character totally three-dimensional and compelling. Actually, I found his character so much more compelling than the supposed protagonists that I was actually totally shocked when he dies at the end! How often are you shocked that the villain is killed at the end of a Shaw Brothers Kung Fu movie?

Don't have the experience most of you do, but I would say the two who have impressed me the most so far have been Gordon Liu (for obvious reasons) and Alexander Fu Sheng. AFS, probably not the most skilled (I think) but his Charisma and acting were great. Were these two ever in any movies together?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Don't have the experience most of you do, but I would say the two who have impressed me the most so far have been Gordon Liu (for obvious reasons) and Alexander Fu Sheng. AFS, probably not the most skilled (I think) but his Charisma and acting were great. Were these two ever in any movies together?

EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER! Unfortunately, AFS died midway through production, so they barely have any scenes together. But this film is incredible- you must see it! :D

I've heard many good things about 8 diagram...so I guess i'll bump it up to the top of my list. Thanks Bob

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I've heard many good things about 8 diagram...so I guess i'll bump it up to the top of my list. Thanks Bob

If you don't love EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER, I'll chance my name to "Know-Nothing Bob"! XD

If you don't love EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER, I'll chance my name to "Know-Nothing Bob"! XD

You told me I would love it and well....I do!!!! I have a strong feeling you won't be known as "Know-Nothing Bob"!!

It's a classic for sure!!

If I really had to pick only one, it would probably be Ku Feng.

(And then I'd immediately add that I like David Chiang, Ti Lung, Chan Sing, Wong Chung, Yueh Hua, Lau Wing, Ku Kun Chung, Wang Lung Wei or Norman Chu just as much - and the list would go on and on and forever.)

Archived