Within the Martial Art genre which is your favourite?

Omni Dragon

What's your favourite with in the Martial Art genre?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite with in the Martial Art genre?

• Fantasy
    • Sword Play
    • Contemporary Action/ Adventure

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 4/19/2018 at 1:27 PM, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

All the genres are fine by me, althought one could say I have a preference for 70's style grindhouse cheesy sleaziness. I don't think were too many studios and directors that went out of their way to emulate that style since then, be it fully or partially.

70s style grindhouse sleaziness are the best. It's an adrenaline rush really. I love it! 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

70s style grindhouse sleaziness are the best. It's an adrenaline rush really. I love it! 

Definitely the best thing about them is the rawness, grittiness and bare testosterone, which are things that I just don't see all that often in modern martial arts flicks. It is a given for the "hero" in those movies to stab and slice his way into victory, often with gory results and not always under the pretention of chivalrousness. Bonus points if the hero gets to prove his heterosexuality by bedding several women along the way.

Big fan of fantasy with some swordplay, or swordplay with some fantasy, from NaCha the Great to Thousand Faces of Dunjia (which arrived recently, from Well Go USA).

HansKungfury

Since i practise Ng Ying Kungfu i like all the things that belong to it. From fantasy to swordplay.

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, HansKungfury said:

Since i practise Ng Ying Kungfu i like all the things that belong to it. From fantasy to swordplay.

Welcome to the forum @HansKungfury

Archived