Any news on future Media Blasters releases?

OldPangYau

I know it may be a bit too early to inquire, but does anyone know if there have been any rumblings for Media Blasters to release anymore Shaw films after the initial 10 have been released? We're reaching the end, with Black Magic II being the 8th release, and Flag of Iron and Five Element Ninjas making their appearances soon after (I'm guessing they're saving the most famous of the bunch, Five Element Ninjas, for last). I've just been very impressed with their releases, and certainly hope they continue to release more.

If anything, I'd love for them to pick up the films BCI had, like The Duel (one of the first Shaw Brothers films I ever saw). It's highly unlikely Dragon Dynasty would pick up BCI's films, as they're already sitting on a mound of Shaws that'll probably never get out due to financial issues. So hopefully Media Blasters can step in and do justice to them.

Hell, if Image and WellGo and keep churning out Shaw Brothers DVDs, Media Blasters should keep moving forward!

EDIT: I noticed someone made a similar post a while back... sorry, I guess I've been enjoying these releases too much!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Silver Fox

I'm dying for the 5 Element Ninjas release. I have it on IVL VCD but I'm thinking that Media Blasters will put out the ultimate DVD edition. I don't suppose anybody knows the release date for 5EN ?

The Media Blaster rep at FanimeCon (over Memorial Day weekend) said that they've acquired 10 more Shaw titles, but they haven't publicized the titles yet.

I'm dying for the 5 Element Ninjas release. I have it on IVL VCD but I'm thinking that Media Blasters will put out the ultimate DVD edition. I don't suppose anybody knows the release date for 5EN ?

I read that 5EN is sure enough the final release of the 10, and I was hoping Media Blasters would keep up the "every month" pattern that has been going on since April. But if Flag of Iron is apparently coming out in August, I'm throwing out a rough guess that 5EN will come out around October. Wish it'd be sooner though!

The Media Blaster rep at FanimeCon (over Memorial Day weekend) said that they've acquired 10 more Shaw titles, but they haven't publicized the titles yet.

Nice! Guess they're just waiting to finalize everything before getting everyone's hopes up. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Archived