Does Anyone Remember CALL ME DRAGON...?

ThunderScore

ThunderScore

Recently found BRUCE LEE AGAINST SUPERMEN again after years of catching it on local TV as CALL ME DRAGON, not to be confused with the Seasonal film with Bruce Liang and Yasuaki Kurata. I couldn't remember this title other than it had the word "Dragon" in it.

Love this film. The opening titles uses a jazzy version of the DAVEY AND GOLIATH theme song, "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" as well as some great Emerson, Lake & Palmer tracks.

Other than a listing in the BIB Feature Film Source Book the only other evidence of it being released under this title is a review in Martial Arts Movies magazine from June 1982.

Would love to find any promo materials on this under the CALL ME DRAGON title.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThunderScore
hey do you happen to know who is in this film?

CALL ME DRAGON (BRUCE LEE AGAINST SUPERMEN, SUPERDRAGON AGAINST SUPERMAN)

Wu Chia-chun, director. Chang Pang, martial arts choreography. Cast includes Bruce Li, Lung Fei, LuLu Wen, Ouyang Chung (Au-yeung Ross), Joe Brown. Released by Alpha Productions, 1976. Transcontinental Films, distributor. NTA (Nat'l Telefilm Assoc.) TV distribution.

Here's the BIB listing:

4da268a4867c4278e56a787431169501590014d9.jpg

lung fei has a white cape in this one i think...and a dagger.

love bruce li and i love lung fei.....two very underrated guys

ill keep my eyes peeled for anything related to this.

do you need a copy of the film on dvd...im guessing you found it on vhs?

ThunderScore
lung fei has a white cape in this one i think...and a dagger.

That's the one...

love bruce li and i love lung fei.....two very underrated guys

I agree. They did a lot together. In EXIT THE DRAGON, ENTER THE TIGER Lung Fei plays a villain named ...Lung Fei. That picture was dubbed in the U.S. and Charles Howerton dubbed Bruce Li. James Hong and Marvin Miller can also be heard in it as well, altho there's one scene with different dubbing...

ill keep my eyes peeled for anything related to this.

do you need a copy of the film on dvd...im guessing you found it on vhs?

No, I found a DVD-R of it - but I'd love to find something better. I guess the CALL ME DRAGON versions were all released on film - 16mm and 35mm...

Killer Meteor
That's the one...

I agree. They did a lot together. In EXIT THE DRAGON, ENTER THE TIGER Lung Fei plays a villain named ...Lung Fei. That picture was dubbed in the U.S. and Charles Howerton dubbed Bruce Li. James Hong and Marvin Miller can also be heard in it as well, altho there's one scene with different dubbing...

Yes, the last reel retains the old Hong Kong based "but still" dubbers

ThunderScore
Yes, the last reel retains the old Hong Kong based "but still" dubbers

Right. I believe the same thing (some of the original dubbing showing up) happens in BRUCE LEE - THE MAN, THE MYTH...

dont understand "but still" dubbers....i mean i know the voices (which i have come to love and hear in my sleep since i have watched so many of these damn movies) but are they from only a certain company or period of time? the only spotlight i remember on the dubbing came in asian cult cinema about 8 years ago. i wish they received more exposure

thunderscore, have you seen bruce li and lung fei in deadly strike? i rave about that one alot...one of the only protagonist roles lung fei had

ThunderScore
dont understand "but still" dubbers....i mean i know the voices (which i have come to love and hear in my sleep since i have watched so many of these damn movies) but are they from only a certain company or period of time? the only spotlight i remember on the dubbing came in asian cult cinema about 8 years ago. i wish they received more exposure

The "But Still" comes from a frequently heard refrain in films dubbed in HK back in the day, e.g. "But Still, I reckon they mean to kill us!" I also wish there were more accurate info on the people who worked on the English versions...

ThunderScore, have you seen bruce li and lung fei in deadly strike? i rave about that one alot...one of the only protagonist roles lung fei had

I have seen DEADLY STRIKE. It's kind of like THE DIRTY DOZEN with Bruce Li leading a group of the worst of the worst, IIRC. I like Lung Fei, or "Master Pain/Evil Betty" as he is known to those who've only seen KUNG POW...

Archived