Bruce Lee and I - uncut DVD ?

MrSuzuki

The IVL DVD of 'Bruce Lee and I' seems to be cut. Is there an uncut version of this movie available ?

Thank you kindly for your help...

venomchamber

the heavily edited World Northal version BRUCE LEE HIS LAST DAYS, HIS LAST NIGHTS occasionally turns up on ENCORE ACTION, where I last recorded it several months ago. Odd choice of an SB film to have in their library, eh?

Yeah, I'm told they removed nudity scenes and stuff. There's supposed to be an uncut german VHS ? Anyone has it ?

Killer Meteor
Sex scenes were toned down I believe.

Shaw Bros didn't produce the film, they only distributed it.

Isn't there the story that Run Run paid Betty Ting Pei in dresses for this?

Guest Markgway

The film was produced by her production company.

One would assume therefore she got more out Run Run than dresses.

Cognoscente

It's ironic that Wong Kin-Lung wasn't cast as Bruce despite working for Shaw Brothers before going on to be known as Bruce Le. The more that I look at the below photo, the more that I think Danny Lee looks like Michael Chan Wai-Man. In retrospect, Danny should have played him instead. If they depicted Bruce as bespectacled and wearing a moustache in between filming his movies, Danny would look more like Michael (hence why I included the poster of Black Society).

Given Betty's affiliation with Michael, it's odd that the movie skirts around the issue of Bruce working for Chan's Sing Hoi company during the making of the Unicorn movie (which was titled The Unicorn Palm before it was titled Fist of Unicorn). If Bruce could confide in Van Williams about having problems with the Triads then he would more likely have confided in Betty about it. She had to have known about Bruce wanting to sue Sing Hoi for how they used his image. Yet there's none of this in the movie.

s-l1600 (8).jpg

21401170135959_658.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cognoscente said:

It's ironic that Wong Kin-Lung wasn't cast as Bruce despite working for Shaw Brothers before going on to be known as Bruce Le. The more that I look at the below photo, the more that I think Danny Lee looks like Michael Chan Wai-Man. In retrospect, Danny should have played him instead. If they depicted Bruce as bespectacled and wearing a moustache in between filming his movies, Danny would look more like Michael (hence why I included the poster of Black Society).

Given Betty's affiliation with Michael, it's odd that the movie skirts around the issue of Bruce working for Chan's Sing Hoi company during the making of the Unicorn movie (which was titled The Unicorn Palm before it was titled Fist of Unicorn). If Bruce could confide in Van Williams about having problems with the Triads then he would more likely have confided in Betty about it. She had to have known about Bruce wanting to sue Sing Hoi for how they used his image. Yet there's none of this in the movie.

s-l1600 (8).jpg

21401170135959_658.jpg

How is Betty Tign Pei related to Chen Hui Min ?

• Like 2

Cognoscente

Betty was on the set of Fist of Unicorn. She is seen almost everywhere with Bruce whether it be an indoor set or outdoors. Michael was at the press conference for the movie but he also claimed (in an interview with Bey Logan) that he, himself, was actually in the movie.

After Bruce's death, Michael and Betty worked on another Sing Hoi production called The Chivalrous Knight (a.k.a. Chinese Godfather). Years later, she produced a movie starring Charles Heung and Michael; it was called Mysterious Footworks of Kung Fu.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

Betty was on the set of Fist of Unicorn. She is seen almost everywhere with Bruce whether it be an indoor set or outdoors. Michael was at the press conference for the movie but he also claimed (in an interview with Bey Logan) that he, himself, was actually in the movie.

After Bruce's death, Michael and Betty worked on another Sing Hoi production called The Chivalrous Knight (a.k.a. Chinese Godfather). Years later, she produced a movie starring Charles Heung and Michael; it was called Mysterious Footworks of Kung Fu.

Thanks. I remember that a while ago someone on the forum noticed a picture of Fist of Unicorn with Chen Hui Min on it, but said that hs wasn't in the movie. If Chen Hui Min himself says that he played in it, there must be some cut scenes in what we got...

I wonder if I have this movie somewhere...

• Like 2

FistofUnicorn+1973-51-t.jpg   FistofUnicorn+1973-52-t.jpg

These two actors appear in the cast of Fist or Unicorn.

The first one looks like Yu Tien Lung for me, and the second one, I'm sure to have already seen him in bad guys roles in famous old school movies, but his name escapes to me.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Looking again at the fist picture, I wonder if it could be Yuen Wah...

• Like 2

Cognoscente

The guy on the left looks like Ching Siu-Tung when he was younger. The guy on the right looks like Lau Kar-Yung.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cognoscente said:

The guy on the left looks like Ching Siu-Tung when he was younger. The guy on the right looks like Lau Kar-Yung.

I just made some searched, and I think that de second actor might be Ma Chin Ku when he was very young.

• Like 2