Pic Help Needed Please!!!

Guest greenbamboo

Guest greenbamboo

'Irene Ryder' - thanks Chinatown Kid - see another pic below. Has anyone got any pics of her or screencaps of her from films like 'Rage of Wind'?? Thanks for all your help.

godsister1fb1.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest greenbamboo

Thanks a lot for the caps Von. Robert Lee (Bruce's bro) said that's not Irene. He sung a duet with her in the 60s. Irene was a singer like him in HK so he knows her. But check these other pics out - she doesn't look fully Asian. More like half - simlar to Irene. What do you think?

godsister4of0.jpg

godsister9el1.jpg

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer
What do you think?

I think I'm going to go lie down in the dark and make low groaning noises until this all blows over...

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
That's THE SEVENTH SEAL. Max Von Sydow plays chess with death to buy some time. It's not silent, though.

Ah, that's right. Haven't seen this flick in a long time. Very cool flick too.

Oh ya, this is the mystery, kung fu chick thread!

Doris Lung?

Guest Chinatown Kid

So it's not Irene Ryder huh, well I have no idea who that girl is then although I would say she probably is Eurasian like Ryder as they definately favor. Maybe we should ask Hanzo who he thinks it is altough he will probably say it's Maria Yi as well.....:P

Bamboo if you have been talking to Bruce's brother then I'm surprised he doesn't know who she is, seems like he would know more about that photo than most would.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

That's interesting so greenbamboo you must be doing research for one of Robert Lee's many projects

he was kind enough to share the begginings of at the temple website. One of which was a long awaited

book about bruce lee and his life. If this is true i read that robert lee has stated publicy that the death of

Bruce Lee is believed to be in the tight nit circle of the lee family to be ''foul play'' not an accident.

In any event good luck. It's nice to see some photo's popping up if i were you greenbamboo i would ask

bey logan his e-mail is bey@dragondynasty.com about photos you do not end up finding more about.

Bey Logan is also purportedly one of few with rare and missing game of death footage.

As for the actress i would say she does strongly resemble Irene Ryder as was suggested earlier the

only other two girls i could possibly think they could be is Yang Pan Pan or Chia Ling both who started

there careers around 1972.

In any event the girl that bruce lee was screentesting obviously had some background or beggining of

martial arts training seeing as how she is dressed in fight type apparel. This would suggest that Bruce

Lee or someone in The Game of Death was supposed to fight a woman, possibly in the tower itself.

Im suprised it is not Irene Ryder an actress i have never heard of until now. It could be anyone but out

of the actresses known that i know she more resembles Yang Pan Pan aka Sharon Yeung.

Here are 2 photos of her as well as a fight scene of hers from the film Lion Vs Lion. That's just my

opinion and i am probably wrong.

Sharon Yeung Pan Pan.jpg

Sharon Yeung Pan Pan_2.jpg

http://www.myonlinefiles.com/Shawscope/Trailers/lion_vs_lion_clip.avi

Guest greenbamboo

Hi Guys

I'm talking to my friend Dave Tadman (close friend of Robert's). I think that girl is half Asian and she looks like Irene Ryder IMO. I agree with you Chinatown Kid so i'm stumped.

Sharon Yeung was born in 1958 so she would only be 14 at the time of pics so it can't be her.

Chia Ling aka Judy Lee - possibly. Her first film 'Queen Boxer' was filmed in 1972 (same year as pics).

I've found a pic online of Au Yeung Pooi San aka Ouyang Pei Shan but this is from 1981. Have you got any pics of her from 1972? She was in 'The Black Belt' & 'Awaken Punch'. Does the one in bikini look a bit like her?

Thanks again for all your help.

the-roving-swordsman-nouveau-portrait-au-yeung-pooi-san2_fe9ed164b9fcd6a4ffd556ae5a58de49.jpg

Judy Lee? Are you serious?

It's Irene Ryder. If Robert Lee says it isn't, he's talking out of his ass.

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
Judy Lee? Are you serious?

It's Judy Lee wearing an Irene Ryder mask. If anyone can disprove this I will send them $20.00.

Terms and Conditions Apply: Don't say who it isn't

Guest HANZOSTEEL

would it be possible for you to post several more screencaps of Irene Ryder? I think it's her as well but R. Lee is not convinced. Please? Thank you.

I don't want to make a career out of this, but here's more Irene Ryder, this time from KUNG FU: THE INVINCIBLE FIST, made the same year these photos were taken. And a jolly good film it is, too.

ireneinvincible2.jpg

ireneinvincible3.jpg

ireneinvincible-1.jpg

at this point, I know this won't help...but it's Irene Ryder. It's certainly not Yang Pan Pan or the half a billion other actresses that have been named here. I've seen said pics before, and they were identified at Irene on set of a "new Bruce Lee film." I'm a huge fan of Irene, even have some of her music around here somewhere. She is Eurasian born in Hong Kong and won a contest in 1966 where she was crowned the "Go-Go Queen of Hong Kong." She currently teaches singing there.

Guest Markgway

Like others here I would've said it was Irene too.

She's fairly distinctive looking.

But then maybe it's Maria Yi? ;)

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Markgway what time is it in the UK because that joke was so yesterday. We should have

asked Linn1 from the beggining im glad the experts finally showed up i dont know much.

By the way thanks for posting the Extra screencaps i requested VonHumboldtFleischer!

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Wow enough charm and smarmy remarks on this thread to fill a bucket and pour it all over your heads

again. Actually as you could probably tell it's a real photo of Lily Li i bought... Pretty cute huh, YA well i

thought so too. I tell you what im not the type to have a banner the size of a candy bar like some people

on the forum (ahem). but i tell you what this as well as many many other photos will be on my site

www.Lily-Li.com late in the year, by then everyone will have forgotten about Maria Yi, Ya think?

lilyli.jpg

Guest Chinatown Kid
smarmy remarks on this thread

Now who's fault is that? Insisting on the unknown woman in the photo being Maria Yi when everybody tried to tell you different and making out like we didn't know what we were talking about....

Anyway, it's no crime in being wrong as we all are sometimes, it's just getting so defensive or sarcastic about it in your replies will trigger a backlash. We are just joking with you anyway so don't take it seriously.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Lol, Chinatown Kid dont you know by now im having a good time with this thread like everyone else. You should really

at least try let go of your impressions of me being sarcastic instead of joking. Save your thunder my freind. I have no

need to show off ever or be sarcastic or ugly at all, those types of things amuse ONLY children or people that need

to prove themselves. Truth is those types of things are my enemies because i stand for LIFE, i love life and those

things are lies. I have no need, i feel no need to indulge a lie or express myself or engage in a level low in manner.

I refuse to because they kill the spirit.. You should know how i conduct myself by now and if not let me make it

clear for you my freind.

I should also mention for you that one thing you should know about me is i am opinionated but much more so on an

intellectual level, if my discourse was misleading it often times is meant to be. I like to challenge people but really it's

good nature and for jesting. Just because i didnt leave a smily face doesnt mean much! Seriously, im glad you voiced

your opinion i feel better now than before i read your post because i had been waiting for the right time to tell you.

Cya

Archived