Pic Help Needed Please!!!

Guest greenbamboo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HANZOSTEEL

No offense taken or given guys but i already told you it's Maria Yi Dut... If you dont think it's her

could you tell me or help me help this guy find out who it is instead of saying who it isnt?

Thanks... It's Maria Yi.

Next...

1Image1.jpg

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Lol, naughty move my freind

What im going to do is e-mail the picture that 'greenbamboo' has posted aking for someone

to help him recognize this girl here to the person who owns "bruce lee the divine wind" website.

I would be willing to make a wager with you Markgway $20.00 (just for fun) that this is Maria Yi

Dut. You dont have to come with any names or a girl you think it is. It's not neccesary but if

you can even come up with one it will help. You seem like a very smart man im sure you can

come up with someone.

Upon recieving notification/verification that this is either Maria Yi Dut or not i will pay you $20.00

or when you lose you will pay me. How's that?

If there are any more specifications you would like to include if you are up to the challenge then

please express yourself and write it out. This will put an end to wether it is Maria Yi or not and

everyone will finally see.

Thank you Markgway

Guest Markgway

I don't think it's Maria either.

She's probably Korean.

They were making Hap Ki Do at the same time there: maybe she was in that?

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Hm, well these sorts of things interest me because when it comes time to talk with someone or be

knowledgeable on a subject i think it's admirable in retrospect if the person took the time to edjucate

himself on any given matter. In this case we have an unknown actress. I collect the hong kong act-

ress photo cards and to tell you the truth it's my only ''HOBBY'' besides watching asian cinema.

Ive spent hundreds of dollars on those photos, and especially enjoy the fact that some of them are

signed. A lot of times the photo is unknown as in this case a lesser known actress and i myself send

them off to the sellers in hong kong as well as my freinds to help me identify 'actresses' in particular.

Just last week i sent 10 unknown's to a person on this forum who sends me a lot of photos. Being

a collector of so many magazines herself i look to people like her to help me because they are like

you and me enthusiasts.

Personally ive done all i could to help this man find the name of the actress and believe me i take

no offense when people dont believe me because even i am wrong. But in this case i believe i have

solved this case. And it's ok if you dont believe me however lets look at the evidence.

1) We know it's a girl who knew Bruce Lee, and that the picture was taken circa 1972. Game of

death. Bruce lee had very few girls that were in more than one of his movies One of them Was

Nora Miao (who i have no idea why he left to be with ''linda", really i dont) and the other Most

commonly known actress recurring / returning to the films of Bruce Lee was Maria Yi. Being that

Maria Yi resembles the girl in the photo in several ways (more than one) i has deduced that it was

Maria Yi.

I dont know why you guys are ONLY denying it's her and not giving another actress that it could

be but this is the case.

11Image1.jpg

I look at her chin, and the way it goes up to her lips as well as look at the cheeks. The angle of

her head... Her wavy hair her eyes and especially her nose circumspectly and thats how i

came to the descision it's Maria Yi. Sherlock Holmes once said "Eliminate all other factors, and

the one which remains must be the truth."

If you cannot see the striking resemblance ok super ''case repopened'' but only for you because

seeing as how i am the only Inspector i have left the case solved.

Thanks everyone for you input you are all very smart and i am most gracious.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

The shape of her face and the height of her forehead is different, and her eyes are VERY different. I'm sure we all appreciate your diligence, but you don't seem to have convinced everyone of your theory. I really don't see how our failure to come up with a name makes your case any stronger.

I think the Sherlock Holmes quotation you were groping around for is "Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." However, in order for this maxim to apply to the case in hand, we would have had to already eliminated as likely candidates every other actress in Asia between about 18-32 in 1972.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Your a very astute and incisive VonHumboldtFleischer, thank you for your comments and you

contributions to this thread. You convinced even me that it isnt her, im flummoxed.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Sarcasm, huh? Why I oughtta...

Actually, it's a very common mistake. Maria Yi, as it turns out, just has "one of those faces", and has been the cause of much confusion. To help prevent future incidents like these, I am working on a set of flashcards for the hard-of-understanding. They look something like this:

mariasharipova.jpg

mariamargaret.jpg

mariacarrot.jpg

mariapinkman.jpg

mariaidi.jpg

notmariayi.jpg

Collect them all! Swap them with your friends!

Guest Chinatown Kid

:lol

Why are you getting so upset sleepman? Everybody has been wrong before, don't you think you could possibly make a mistake too? We don't think that photo is of Maria Yi, would you rather us say nothing and have you give maybe false info? Just because we don't know who it is doesn't mean we don't know who it isn't. ;)

Guest greenbamboo

Thanks for all your responses. It is not Maria Yi as you've worked out. Here is a pic of her and Bruce in April 72 (only months before these pics were shot). These girls haven't been seen in any Bruce Lee films because these are casting sessions for Bruce Lee's Game of Death movie. Please check another shot out below. Different girl. Any guesses? Please keep them coming. Much appreciated!

mariayi1lm5.jpg

girlcheck6wz7.jpg

Guest Chinatown Kid

The bottom pic favors Irene Ryder who starred with Chen Sing in The Rage of Wind in 1973. I'm not positive it's her though....

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Hey greenbamboo could you explain to me and all the very bright and talented individuals here why if i right

click on that NEW picture of the same girl you were asking about earlier, Why it says "mariayi1lm5.jpg"?

I also compared that NEW photo to a known photo Maria Yi here : simonyam.com/hkmw/actors/maria-yi/

And again it resembles the one and only Maria Yi AKA Maria Yi Yi Dut @ More than several points of facial

regcognition. This time from the front. Her nose, eyes, eyebrows, teeth, cheeks AND jawline; The most

common points of regocnition are exactly the same, and to top it off she's with bruce lee again.

Well the reason is because it's Maria Yi.

4Image1.jpg

simonyam.com/hkmw/actors/maria-yi/

11Image1.jpg

People doubted me but i knew i was right thank you for helping me. I suppose they will still doubt it but

it's "ok" it's been fun and i was glad to help.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Uh, what in the hell are you talking about? Well never mind, if you say it's Maria Yi sleepy then it's Maria Yi, I give up! :\

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Not much Chinatown Kid but i tell you what one thing i dont know but would like to know is why bruce

left nora maio and ended up with linda lee cadwell. I never knew they were an item but it seems looking

back at some photos that they were an item. He always had his arm around her. She would have been

perfect for him. I suppose it was destiny.

Guest Markgway

Hanzo: You need to pay attention more.

Bamboo said that the new photo taken with Bruce was Maria Yi:

It is not Maria Yi as you've worked out. Here is a pic of her and Bruce in April 72 (only months before these pics were shot).

...and that it's NOT the same person as in the original photograph we've been debating.

The eyes, nose, mouth of the two girls you posted (one of them we know is Maria) are different.

Let it go! :P

Guest killer meteor

Hanzo, AFAIK Nora didn't meet Bruce until many years after he had married Linda. Get your facts right

And that girl ain't Maria. I agree with the majority that she looks Korean

Guest HANZOSTEEL
And that girl ain't Maria.

LOL it's hard to give up on one of bruce lee's girls. It's Maria Im telling you i emailed her

and she said yes. And she also said i cant believe they dont think it's me... ;)

Archived