best wuxia

Guest daTOAD

Guest daTOAD

looking for good swordplay films with best choreo and few wires. my favorite swordsman[actors] are Adam Cheng, Norman Chu, and Damian Lau-in that order. favorite wuxia films: THE SWORD, DUEL TO THE DEATH. can i get some titles that are on par with these films from 1977-83. much thanks. also on a side note any movies with long axes. saw a trailer for a rarescope with a guy using the long axe so now i MUST HAVE all long axe movies[with good choreo]. thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brigadier Chow

Check out Bloody Mission, especially the scene where Norman Chu and Tony Liu Yung are swordfighting on top of a horse.

Guest Tosh

Go back a little to the 60's - Bells of Death, I can't pimp this movie out hard enough, one of the villains has an axe(not sue if it's a long axe). Can't forget Last Hurray for Chivalry.

Guest daTOAD

Bloody Mission-does this have an aka; Bells of Death -havent watched in awhile. i have tghe southgate version,will have to revisit it. as much as i love John Woo and his only wuxia-it defenitly needed undercranking[and im usually not a fan of this technique]. movie was still kick a** though.

If you like top swordplay with no wires then go Mainland man.

as much as i think of myself as an expert on martial films, i realize i know nothing. only from this site do i know not all the films come from the same country and each has its own filming technique. can you suggest some titles. thanks in advance.

Guest daTOAD

just saw it after i posted reply. but still dont want go to hkmdb with all those flicks. need it narrowed down. i just want wuxia[weapons].

Archived