Corpse Mania

Tosh

I tried to pull up the old thread on this but it was archived, picked this up at BB last week and it was one of the stranger movies I've seen, necrophilia with a maggot infested corpse is an interesting enough subject for a movie, but with the Shaw Brothers it becomes more of a murder thriller than what I was expecting, actually I was a little disappointed with the name that there wasn't as many corpses.

The production values and sets are topnotch as expected but it seemed the lense had vasoline coated on it, at first it didn't bother me at the night scene in the brothel, but the whole movie was shot in a haze, plus I had a hard time pinpointing the time period this was suppose to be in, maybe the 20's? but did the 70's style ever get in.

Movie started out good then really bogged down in the middle. Probably won't be giving this one another watch down the line.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlothStyleKungFu

I dont agree about the production values. The sets and camerawork mark it as a low budget Shaw affair to my eyes.

Its not great but I liked it. The story is crap, not all that scary or suspenseful and nonsensical, but Corpse Mania has seediness to spare and its neat to see a gialloish Shaw. I also really liked Wang Jung, he's such an uncharismatic, dud of a lead for a cop hero, he's like the anti-Popeye Doyle.

Archived