Hey everyone, got some good recs for me?!

javyn

Hey all, great forum. I was just wondering if any out there can give me some classic Kung Fu movie recommendations based on my current tastes?

I grew up as a kid watching 70s and 80s HK martial arts movies. My favorites that I already have are Iron Fingers of Death aka Shaolin Prince, Shaolin Drunkard (from the Wu Tang Clan collection), and 18 Bronzemen.

I'd really like some recs of movies similar to the ones I mentioned. Especially Iron Fingers of Death and Shaolin Drunkard. Those two movies will always be my faves b/c of the humor and sense of creativity in the costumes, settings, etc.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you liked Shaolin Prince i recommend Shaolin Intruders and Opium and the Kung Fu Master if you haven't already seen em. Dreadnaught and the Buddhist Fist are good ones to watch if you liked Shaolin Drunkard.

venomsfreak

Check out Taoism Drunkard aka Drunken Wu Tang, another Yuen clan film. It's even more off the wall than Shaolin Drunkard.

Look at the sticky threads here on the classic forum and on the favorites in the Shaw Forum, you'll have a couple hundred movies to get now!

Bruce Long

If you liked Shaolin Drunkard, you will probably also like Taoism Drunkard and Miracle Fighters.

Thanks!!!!

Wow, this can get to be quite an expensive hobby! What is the intellectual property status on these classic films from HK?

If you are into the humor, than anything by Sammo. Try prodigal son.

Top notch film! Sammo does a lot of cool choreography.

Archived