Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

daisho2004

daisho2004

nightmuseum2posternew1.jpg

When the Museum of Natural History is closed for upgrades and renovations, the museum pieces are moved into federal storage at the famous Washington Museums. Security guard Larry Daley (Ben Stiller) infiltrates the Smithsonian Institute in order to rescue Jedediah (Owen Wilson) and Octavius (Steve Coogan), who have been shipped to the museum by mistake. The centrepiece of the film will be bringing to life the Smithsonian Institution, which houses the world's largest museum complex with more than 136 million items in its collections, ranging from the plane Amelia Earhart (Amy Adams) flew on her non-stop solo flight across the Atlantic and Al Capone's rap sheet and mug shot to Dorothy's ruby red slippers, Fonzie's jacket from Happy Days and Archie Bunker's lounge chair from All in the Family.

OK My Review: I finally got to see this movie with my 6yr Old Son. Now this was an enjoyable movie.

The main bad man is Kahmunrah, a very funny Hank Azaria playing the fictional pharaoh very imperious and very fey. For Kahmunrah, it's a sibling rivalry issue; the gold tablet was at the NYC museum with his brother, but it fits in one of the relics from Kahmunrah's tomb and, besides, mom meant him to have it. Now if he can just unlock its mystery, he'll be able to open a door to the past, call up his evil legions and rule the world.

As luck would have it, some of the most notorious villains ever are housed under the same roof, including Ivan the Terrible ( Christopher Guest), Napoleon (Alain Chabat) and Al Capone (Jon Bernthal), and Kahmunrah recruits them all. Unfortunately they don't do all that much for him, and they do even less for the movie.

The only thing I was really missing was the fact Robin Williams was really only in this movie for about 10minutes and I felt he really made the 1st. movie.

But overall an Enjoyable family movie sequel.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kids loved the first movie so I'll have to check this out with them. Thanks for the review, daisho.

Got dragged to this by the wife and kids myself. It was watchable....worth a rent if your kids dont drag you to the theater for it. Amy Adams was damn annoying though (imo).

Damn GLMF: ur always so critical.... lol

It was enjoyable but not better than the 1st. movie....

Sorry daisho, I knew what to expect but still was not too hot on it. First one was much better imo. And outside of "Something About Mary", Ive had trouble sitting through movies with Ben Stiller.

Archived