"Land of the Lost"

daisho2004

daisho2004

land-of-the-lost-poster.jpg

OK I went to see this movie yesterday with my 6yr Old Son. Well let me start off by saying I loved the TV show when I was growing up. But this movie to me was funny in an Adult Raunchy Way. Really this movie isn't for little Kids as the previews make it out to seem. A lot of Foul language and Adult innuendos. Like Kacha feeling up the Girl in the movie every time he gets a chance. Then Will Ferrell almost making out with Kacha also. A little too much for Kids to understand and to see, in my Opinion. I'm mean I laughed at the stupid gags because I understood them. Overall I would only give it 1-star. :P

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

My son and I saw this last night. We felt like the funniest jokes were all in the commercials and trailers. It was really uneven, and felt like it was still almost in the planning stage. Some funny stuff, but much less than we had hoped for. The Sleestaks looked great, and the film added a cool extra feature or two to them without straying from the design we all remember from our youth! The dinosaurs looked fantastic, and there were some decent action scenes. But overall it was a disappointment. There were so many missed opportunities for comedy throughout. We'd probably laugh more if we watched the original now, at how unintentionally funny it would be. I'd give it a 5.5 or maybe a 6 out of 10, and my son rates it 6.5.

lillippa328

OOOh man this movie was HILARIOUS! Our whole theater was dying the whole time!

Keep in mind, im 20 and dont remember the o.g. show at all, and im Will Ferrell fan, and man it was good!Him and Danny work great together!

NostalgiaKing

I loved the original show as a kid then when I heard about the movie I was real iffy. My girl wants to see it but Im still holding off, maybe I'll catch it on cable sometime in the future. Im just not really a fan of movie adaptations. Im sure the effects and everything looked great, as well as they should...its 2009. The original for me made people use their imaginations.

The Nostalgia King

Trapped Inside Late Night TV

www.areyousleepyet.blogspot.com

Shaolin Patriot

I felt that it was a discredit to the original TV show. They should've kept it more as a straight science-fiction and not as a comedy. Once I heard that Will Ferrell was cast, I knew it would be a bomb.

Listen I love Will Ferrell, I just didn't think this movie was for Kids, as you look at the preview you think it will be! It was more for Adults who grew up watching the Original TV show when we were young! It had some Cursing and some Sexual innuendo's too much to explain to a 6yr. old in my Opinion!

Archived