Is Kung Fu/Martial Arts your favourite movie genre?

falkor

Is Kung Fu/Martial Arts your favourite film genre?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kung Fu/Martial Arts your favourite film genre?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch
Used to be but now I favor almost any other kind of genre.

I get the feeling you like triad films :D (now the question remains do you like the romantic comedies of milkyway).

I like so many genres it is too difficult to pick just one. I dislike when people on other forums have negative opinions on kung fu/wuxia, but I wouldn't give up other genres either (well I don't have to watch pinku or bomba films). Imagine having to give up jidei geki or chambara or surrealist films bah.

Of course those who do not like the aesthetically sagacious genre of kung fu would not be on here (unless they were trolling). Kung Fu opened me up to HK movies which opened me up to Wong Kar-wai and Johnnie To (will soon get into Ann Hui movies).

Omni Dragon
What's so good about low budgets?

I long ago reached the conclusion that most people on this forum are plain bonkers!

shouldn't judge a film by it's budget but by the film it's self.

Killer Meteor
shouldn't judge a film by it's budget but by the film it's self.

Indeed, I don't see why low budget is something special anymore than big budget

I get the feeling you like triad films :D (now the question remains do you like the romantic comedies of milkyway).

I usually follow crime, action (period or contemporary), thriller and comedy. Romance is not forte (but I do watch occasionally if there's certain actors starring in one) so haven't seen a single Milkyway romance comedy.

Of course those who do not like the aesthetically sagacious genre of kung fu would not be on here (unless they were trolling). Kung Fu opened me up to HK movies which opened me up to Wong Kar-wai and Johnnie To (will soon get into Ann Hui movies).

Indeed, same thing for me.

silver hermit

yes:yociexp75:, qualities of any/all other genres are mashed up and blended together to form a superior genre (IMO) kung fu films are not for everyone. but i dont think anyone can resist the kenetic action scenes. those that can look deeper into the layers of the genre there is endless films to track down. presently i cannot afford to collect another genre. when i was a kid i also enjoyed other genres such as war, westerns, mafia, shoot up action and horrors. i'm not currently collecting any of those but i would love to rewatch some of those naziploitation films.

Archived