Is Kung Fu/Martial Arts your favourite movie genre?

falkor

Is Kung Fu/Martial Arts your favourite film genre?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kung Fu/Martial Arts your favourite film genre?

To me, Kung Fu/Martial Arts is not just another movie genre; its something altogether more exceptional! It depends less on fiction and acting ability, and more on superhuman skill and artistic abilities with a lot more work and effort going into every second of choreography. I see this genre as less like other genres in terms of being simply a film or movie; ideally, I would want to witness it live on a stage, akin to Peking Opera, and it provides a completely different form of entertainment, based on art and style, that is impossible to get from any other genre. What do you think?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kung fu flicks is my # 1 interst

spaghetti westerns #2

but it all depends on how i feel sometimes

I watch all kinds of movies from all kinds of genres but martial arts based films are by far my favourite.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I watch all sorts of genres but like Tosh, I think I most appreciate martial arts films, chinese and japanese.

Fightingfist

Yes it is part of my favourtie genres along with animation, comedy action advenure films.

Guest I Like Elaine

Other than heroic bloodshed and action, martial arts is my favorite genre. Depends though. If it's just pure martial arts like the more old school stuff then not so much. But if it's more like Police Story with action and stunts incorporated, then yes.

For me Shapes 1976-1984 is the highest form of entertainment know to man, it can not be replicated by robots of computers. you can't beat the cheap outdoors films of the late 70's; Dynamite trio, 7 steps, 7 Grandmasters, Eagles Claw, Victim ect, it is a spectacle of unique skills coming together, Actor, Director, Fight Director, Cinematography, Sound Fx, Music stealing, and most important low budgets, back then manz had to use their brain instead of High finance. 7 swords or Duel of 7 Tigers, You know which film will survive the test of time.

Guest Markgway
a spectacle of unique skills coming together, Actor, Director, Fight Director, Cinematography, Sound Fx, Music stealing, and most important low budgets

Low budgets a virtue?

Most of the acting, directing, and photography in those movies was piss poor.

Take away the fights and so many are unwatchable.

Even WITH the fights many are unwatchable. lol

littlefuzzy

I don't think I could say my favorite, but I do enjoy it, from the 60s stuff to modern Jackie Chan films.

I really don't know if I could say WHAT my favorite genre is...

Martial Arts

Anime

Animation

CG animation

Disney - animated and live-action

Musicals

Horror (classic, 80s, Italian, and so on.)

Sci-Fi

Fantasy

Comedy

Classic comedians (Marx Bros, Charlie CHaplin, Abbott & Costello, 3 Stooges, etc.)

Action/Adventure

Superhero movies

TV shows - animated, mystery/detective, sci-fi, sitcoms, and more.

martial arts is my primary genre of interest, but I do enjoy the classic horror genre as well. Films from companies like Hammer, Universal, and American International Pictures.

Killer Meteor
For me Shapes 1976-1984 is the highest form of entertainment know to man, it can not be replicated by robots of computers. you can't beat the cheap outdoors films of the late 70's; Dynamite trio, 7 steps, 7 Grandmasters, Eagles Claw, Victim ect, it is a spectacle of unique skills coming together, Actor, Director, Fight Director, Cinematography, Sound Fx, Music stealing, and most important low budgets, back then manz had to use their brain instead of High finance. 7 swords or Duel of 7 Tigers, You know which film will survive the test of time.

What's so good about low budgets?

I long ago reached the conclusion that most people on this forum are plain bonkers!

shapes knows what he is talking about the films he just mentioned never lose flavour, and if someone cant appreciate movies like that why would you be on a forum called kungfucinema..

Killer Meteor
shapes knows what he is talking about the films he just mentioned never lose flavour, and if someone cant appreciate movies like that why would you be on a forum called kungfucinema..

I like kung fu movies, just for different reasons then he does. That's why I'm on this forum thank you very much

Guest Yi-Long

Nope, not my favoutite genre. That's also because there's just too much crap and mediocre shit being made.

I absolutely LOVE a couple of MA movies, like Fist of legend (uncut) and Drunken Master 2 and a couple of others, but TBH most of the movies are just 'meh', either in story or in martial arts.

I watch many MANY genres, and I like many movies across all genres (although I'm not a huge horror fan, and sci-fi doesnt interest me much either). I really don't have a favourite genre I think.

My favourite movies are Days of Being Wild and My Sassy Girl (DC), but movies like Hard Boiled and The Fugitive are also definitely in my top 10... (as is Fist of Legend)

Guest Markgway
I like kung fu movies, just for different reasons then he does. That's why I'm on this forum thank you very much

How very dare you have a difference of opinion to Shapes. Banish him to The Temple!!

and what reasons are they ? it would be quite interesting to know as you think people who like those kind of movies are bonkers..becuase what shapes said that is a good enough reason to like low budget kung fu movies and that could not of been said any better by any kung fu fan.

Archived