Imperial Swordsman?

Guest chingdog

Guest chingdog

I have an original subtitled vhs of this movie. I have no idea on an aka title but I am sure there is one...it is not the Shaw film. This movie looks to be made in the late 80's or so and Kao Fei is a bad guy in it...the rest of the actors seemed mainland. I think Kao Fei directed it too....it has very nice subtitles and has some decent fights.....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chingdog

Linn Haynes is now the proud owner of this tape. I sent it to him to keep and hopefully he can shed more light on this movie once he watches it....hopefully it is something that is not commonplace.

thanks D! It's pretty good actually. It was directed by Joe Law and Phillip Ko. It looks to have been made in the mainland with some great sets. It stars Chin Siu Ho as a swordsman who falls for a woman who's hiding out at the Shaolin Temple with her father. It turns out they are on the run from killers (including Phillip Ko) who are after her father because he's a legendary swordsman. It also stars Elvis Tsui, Law Kar Ying, and "big head"Shing Fui On. The fights are a little too undercranked in the cases where non-kung fu people are fighting, but overall, it's a good "B" film. Thanks again for the chance to see it Ching! :)

Guest chingdog

Glad you liked it!!! it was the least I could do to get it into someone's hands that could talk about it.

Guest the dirty tiger

Sounds interesting, hope I get a chance to see it some time. Any idea what year it was made ?

Archived