R.I.P Ho Meng Hua

Winfred

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R.I.P.

Too bad, but great legacy in various genres. Still enjoy rewatching a lot of his stuff.

I've enjoyed several of this director's films.

My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

Last year, Venoms5 wrote a nice summary of Ho's work.

Check it out if you haven't already.

Stuntman Jules

Definitely a shame, fun director. The Mighty Peking Man is goofy but way better than DiLaurentis' 70s Kong and Black Magic II is just plain one of my favorite Shaw horrors period.

His film The Lady Hermit is good stuff too.

How sad that he passed away before the HK Movie Walk Of Fame ceremony later this year in which his handprints will be unveiled and added to the other luminous stars like Li Li Hua, Ivy Ling Po , etc.

Stuntman Jules

He also passed on not two weeks before Black Magic II, in my opinion his best film, was to finally get a DVD release.

Guest maskedavenger
He also passed on not two weeks before Black Magic II, in my opinion his best film,

You can't be fucking serious

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Ho Meng Hua was one of my all time favorite Shaw directors.

The Lady Hermit

Master Of Kung Fu

The Flying Guillotine

The Dragon Missiles

Black Magic

Black Magic II

The Vengeful Beaty

Shaolin Abbott

Vengeance Is A Golden Blade

Killer Darts

The Jade Raksha

The Cave Of Silken Web

The Monkey Goes West

Lady Of Steel

Ambush

The Long Chase

Kiss Of Death

The Golden Lion

This is from IMDB so there may be mistakes. I don't have time to look through my collection. There are more, but these are the ones most familiar with most of our members.

Rest in peace Ho Meng Hua.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0387354/

The Dragon

VOHL, I have about 10 of those titles! :D

Didn't realize I like his films that much! There's also two more I've been looking to get, Ambush and The Dragon Missiles.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Rest in peace director Ho.

Thanks for creating such a treasure trove of entertaining films! You will never be forgotten.

HyperDrive

I've only seen three of his movies so far, Vengeance is a Golden Blade, Flying Guillotine, and Mighty Peking Man and enjoyed them all. RIP

kungfusamurai

I didn't like Shaolin Abbott. It felt like a cheap cash-in on the Executioners From Shaolin. And the ending was really lame. Shaolin Handlock was pretty good. But I'd have to say that Flying Guillotines was excellent. One of the more memorable Shaw films ever made.

RIP.

KFS

SlothStyleKungFu

Awww, R.I.P.

Gotta' say I liked the man. I wouldn't say he was a really great director, had a lot of middle of the road action pictures, but man, oh, man could he deliver on the exploitative, cultier side of things. I'm a big fan of his stuff like the Oily Maniac, the Black Magic films, and Kiss of Death.

Mark Pollard

I can't believe I just found out about this today. Ho was one of SB's film masters, despite some of his low-brow excursions. THE FLYING GUILLOTINE and THE MONKEY GOES WEST are among the best films the studio produced.

I highly recommend his late '60s, early '70s wuxia films too.

Archived