Samurai Champloo: Complete Series!

Guest WuxiaFan

Guest WuxiaFan

Just saw on amazon that the complete series of SAMURAI CHAMPLOO is being released! :) IMO, this is one of the best samurai anime series I have ever seen. I first discovered this on [adult swim] of the Cartoon Network. It has the absolute coolest opening theme song, along with the writing, animation, and action being top notch! Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0023S4A5I/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it's a fantastic show from the same people who made Cowboy Bebop. Alternates from laugh-out-loud comedy to tear-inducing sadness with a lot of excellent action in between. Would be in my top 20 anime series.

Solid Ronin

I've already seen it all on Adult swim but I'll pick it up. I'd like to put more stress on how wonderful the soundtrack to this is, I have the one they released in America if anyone's interested?

The series cops alot of flak for not really having a story but in my mind, it doesn't matter, it's the journey that matters, these characters are so much fun and so cool, the action scenes are terrific but in the end it comes back to the characters, like Cowboy Bebop, three different characters form some kind of family but eventually break off, and it's sad to see them go.

Only seen this bit on you tube set to some rap music:

Definitely looks cool, is it due for a UK release? My more or less universal player seems to be on the way out

Guest WuxiaFan

Just picked up the box set at Best Buy over the weekend and watched the first 4 episodes. The transfer is perfect, but the set also includes the original Japanese audio track with English subs. Watching the series in Japanese makes all the difference in the world given that the story takes place in period Japan. When the series was played on adult swim it was in English. It is much better in Japanese! It is awesome to watch the episodes with no commericals and you can FF from the end of one episode to the beginning of the next. Of course, the opening theme song is awesome, so I listened to it the first couple of episodes. I got through 4 episodes in about 1.5 hours. Highly recommended if you like anime.

Archived