More MMA Mayhem

AlbertV

Saw these two films on Spike TV in the past few months...they are basically TV movies cashing in on the whole MMA craze.

Ring of Death (2008) stars Johnny Messner as a man who gets a chance to become a FBI by going undercover in a prison and exposing an illegal fight ring led by warden Stacy Keach. The fights are taken in 'The Pit' and are broadcasted on the Net for the rich people to make bets. Freddy Bouciegues was the fight choreographer on this one and yes, we have the fatal "quick cut close up" mishmash that destroys fight scenes.

Then comes

Street Warrior (2008) starring Max Martini (sounds like a James Bond spoof name) as a former war vet returning home to learn his brother was involved in an illegal fight ring called "The Gauntlet" and is determined to get himself in the underground fight ring to find out who nearly killed his brother. Same fight choreographer, same bad editing.

When is Hollywood ever going to learn how to edit a fight scene?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jiujitsu77

got em as screeners few months ago.

this mma movie shit is making me very angry

however, michael jai white is putting out "blood and bone". looks routine, but since he is in it, well its gotta be cool. he plays an ex con framed blah blah blah dead brother blah bhal blah illegal fight circuit blah blah blah smart talkin asian lackey blah blah karate blah. whatever. MJW is my new hero. ill watch it anyway, and if i get a screener ill keep you all posted. if i get my rear in gear ill start sending gifts

seriously. mma is making me so fucking angry. i seriously denounce it. i literally feel just like a disgruntled anarcho-punk at a fallout boy concert. tapout ruined my scene.

Jesse Smooth

Last week, I saw Fighting with a buddy of mine. Typical routine underground fighting stuff. Although the fight scene with Cung Le, hurts just by watching it. The lead, Channing Tatum, will be in the G.I. Joe movie.

Is Cung Le still the champ? How can he defend his belt if he's off doing movies? Whatever he chooses, I hope he does well.

Archived