Some old topics with Linn

falkor

These topics aren't representative of the many times Linn comprehensively helped out other fans on the board (these posts and much more info has been lost over the past half-decade because of the flawed ex-ezboard system), but are specific topics I saved to help me with information contributed by various members--with Linn on board--just to give newcomers an idea of what it was like to generally have him around and involved in various discussions. This is also significant to the history of fandom/KFC, complimenting Teako's other thread (need to search for it), reminding us of other members who no longer post etc.

36 Killers AKA Story of 36 Killers - www_ezboard_com.htm

Anyone like watching India Hindi Films - www_ezboard_com2.htm

attn Bruce Long & Kenichiku re 5 unknown movies - www_ezboard_com.htm

BlackDragonRiver+SecretEnvoy.htm

Born Invincible Question to all - www_ezboard_com.htm

Chen Kuan Tai (for whamsabi) - www_ezboard_com.htm

Desperate Crisis - www_ezboard_com.htm

Diamond Fight and Shadow Chaser.htm

FIGHTING IS LIVING! (starring Raymond Lui) - www_ezboard_com.htm

Gambelling For Gold___ Rare or Common - www_ezboard_com.htm

Hurricane Sword - www_ezboard_com.htm

HWANG JANG LEE Korean Filmography (pre-1977) w- stills - www_ezboard_com.htm

I'm seeing Hapkido and Police Story in Heroic Grace 2 Series - www_ezboard_com.htm

Independant Film Stills Identifications - Traditional Classic Movies - FlashlegsRare Forum.htm

Kim Jin Pal's FIFTH BASHER - info please! - www_ezboard_com.htm

KING OF KINGS (Joseph Kuo!) - www_ezboard_com.htm

Korean co-produced Shaw Brothers films - www_ezboard_com.htm

LITTLE HERO OF SHAOLIN TEMPLE - Director - Action Director - www_ezboard_com.htm

LostShawBrothers.htm

Master With cracked Fingers___info please - www_ezboard_com.htm

Need info on 2 rare bashers please___ (Bruce Long) - www_ezboard_com.htm

New documentary on Korean action movies!!! - www_ezboard_com.htm

OceanLaserdisc.htm

Peach.htm

peach2.htm

Philippino Kung Fu films - www_ezboard_com.htm

Please ID these bashers from 1972 - 1976! - www_ezboard_com.htm

Please ID this mainland China film released in Germany! - www_ezboard_com.htm

Please ID this Shaw Bros - Wang Jiang Lee flick___ - www_ezboard_com.htm

SAINTED SWORD Fencing director = Liu Chia Liang! - www_ezboard_com.htm

Sun Chung - non Shaw movies - www_ezboard_com.htm

The Heroic One-Inheritor of Kung Fu - www_ezboard_com.htm

Unknown swordplay title - www_ezboard_com.htm

Wang Yu heaven___ - www_ezboard_com.htm

Was Secret Service at the Imperial Court ever Dubbed and etc - www_ezboard_com.htm

Yangtze bashers filmed in Korea - www_ezboard_com.htm

To get an idea of the many high level contributions from Linn, here is an example of some info he once told me:

Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave is a Korean film. It was made in the U.S. and was co-produced (or just straight bought up, I've yet to find out for sure) by the Taiwanse company Yangtze. They sold the rights to the U.S. distributor Aquarius, who added the title and footage of 'Lee' leaping out of the grave. Who directed that, I haven't a clue. They also added the 'Bert Lenzi' bit on the poster, which doesn't appear on the film itself. The director's correct name is Lee Du-Yong and he was a fairly well thought of director in Korea who traveled here to make a pair of films in the U.S. in 1976, Visitors In America(the actual title) being one of them. It was also called The Stranger (AKA The Stranger from Korea) in Europe. It was released in 1976 in Korea under the Visitors... title. Here's the link:

http://www.koreafilm.or.kr/english/db_detail_eng.asp?p_dataid=02993

The star,Bruce K.L. Lea AKA Jun Chong (Jeong Jun), lived in LA at the time teaching TKD. I actually ran into his contact info as hunting down Carl Scott and Ron Van Cleef for an interview. Jun Chong left the US and went to back Korea, but aater he returned and made three Korean kung fu films lensed in the U.S. called Street Soldiers, Silent Assassin, and LA Streetfighter as you know.

If you look closely, you'll also see Sho Kosugi in the film, as well as his martial arts dojo and card when he was based there. At the time, he was going under the name Steve Sho. It's at the 48:05 minute mark. And Sho Kosugi makes his first screen appearance in a film at the 1:00:15 mark. He plays a sword carrying bad guy. His dad also appears I think a little earlier on when "Bruce" is looking for the dojo.

All the best,

Linn

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThunderScore

The "Bert Lenzi" credit on BRUCE LEE FIGHTS BACK FROM THE GRAVE had some people thinking it was Italian exploitation director Umberto Lenzi who directed the film.

I've also seen Bruce Le credited as the star, which isn't so. Le was also supposed to have been the lead in COBRA, which also isn't so...

Definitely great to hear :) I bought the DVD of Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave a few months ago...Digiview Productions released it and I got it for...$1.00. It was a video transfer but got it because I hadn't seen it since I was 5 years old.

Guest Markgway

These I believe are genuine co-productions:

THE SECRET RIVALS, TOWER OF DEATH, HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDHA,

The following I think might be fake:

THE INVINCIBLE ARMOUR, HERO OF THE WILD, RING OF DEATH, NINJA IN THE DRAGON'S DEN.

Archived