Samurai 7: Animation series

daisho2004

daisho2004

Has anyone seen this series I usually don't post Animation series here but it sounds very good and has gotten excellent reviews.

41mKKh37R3L._SS400_.jpg

Product Description

The Viridian Collection contains all 7 volumes of the series inspired by Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

Samurai 7 is set in a futuristic world that has just seen the end of a massive war, many villages are being terrorized by Nobuseri bandits. The Nobuseri are no normal bandits. They were once men, but during the war they modifed themselves with machines to become living weapons and now apprear as more machine than man. A group of villagers decide to hire samurai to protect their village. These men of valor are as skilled as they are unique.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched it. It's a solid action adventure show that gives you plenty of time to get to know the characters. It's more faithful to the source than you'd think, given the giant robots and whatnot.

DeathFuMaster

Yeah its really a good one. Good fight scenes, good story. The steampunk thing really makes it interesting, especially if you have seen the original Seven Samurai.

I like that series, too. I'll tell you another series that's kinda similar but also very good, Samurai Champloo. I'd recommend both to anyone who likes samurai movies. Also, check out the anime movie, Sword And The Stranger for some slash-tastic action scenes.

DAJIZZARIZZA

excellent !! i have not completed it yet, but you will not be dissapointed.

animation,music,... they put together a classic.

Guest WuxiaFan
Has anyone seen this series I usually don't post Animation series here but it sounds very good and has gotten excellent reviews.

41mKKh37R3L._SS400_.jpg

Product Description

The Viridian Collection contains all 7 volumes of the series inspired by Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

Samurai 7 is set in a futuristic world that has just seen the end of a massive war, many villages are being terrorized by Nobuseri bandits. The Nobuseri are no normal bandits. They were once men, but during the war they modifed themselves with machines to become living weapons and now apprear as more machine than man. A group of villagers decide to hire samurai to protect their village. These men of valor are as skilled as they are unique.

Daisho -- this looks really good. Where did you see it?

daisho2004
kaleyboy wrote:Also, check out the anime movie, Sword And The Stranger for some slash-tastic action scenes.

51-SR-cN97L._SS500_.jpg

I read some good reviews just now on this I think I'll be picking this one up also. when DeepDiscount.com has there big sale which should be soon!

Guest WuxiaFan
WuxiaFan: Here is the link its from Amazon.com. BTW its also available on Blu-Ray

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Box-Set-Viridian-Collection/dp/B0018RCN54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1243538952&sr=8-1

AWESOME! Also, just saw that Samurai Champloo complete series is being released! This is one of my all time favorite anime series! Will start a separate thread on that.

Archived