Land of the Lost on Sci Fi

inframan

They did a marathon of the old Sid and Marty Kroft show to promote the movie, filled up the tivo. They're doing it again on 06/04/2009.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GwaiLoMoFo

I was a big fan of the series as a kid. I sat down and watched the marathon that was on SciFi over the weekend as well. My kids (ages 8 & 11) laughed their asses off at how BAD it was. They thought it was some kinda of joke. I couldnt argue, the show was TERRIBLE!! I dont know why I liked it so much as a kid. Tell ya what, the people behind that show were doing some serious drugs!! Lol

I was pretty young back then but I remember the sleestack and ChaKa. Its actually pretty serious for a kids show, the spfx are pretty horrible but that adds to its creepy charm.

I think they were really reaching in that last season where thier dad goes back through the time hole but some how thier uncle is transported to the land of the lost.

There is a pretty funny take off of Kroft kids shows on Mr Show called the Altered State of Drugachussettes. Mostly a parody of Lidsville, if that aint I drug reference I dont know what one is.

I'm going to buy the DVD set for my Son.

I'll be watching it with my kid someday, he's only one and not really interested in TV yet.

I loved that show as a kid. I use to take silly putty and make sleestak(sp?) masks on my action figures. Way too much fun.

I am not sure about the new movie though. I will go see it. But, it looks a little more twisted; with humor. Not sure why it became a comedy when the original tried to play it straight.

But, all of the tv shows that I loved as a kid seem cheesy now.

LOTL rocked!

(Ok, maybe it did back in the day but I digress...)

Watched a few episodes over the holiday

(man, cheesy FX but oh... that Holly.......) :)

Just cool fun to remind you of a bygone day.

Have to check out the repeats on 6/4....

Monica Haynes

I happened upon this marathon last week when I got to my parents house (they have cable). It looked kinda cool so I checked it out but didn't make the connection with the just released movie. I read a review of the movie that said it was a Will Ferrell fest-that it was the same character he always plays and it dominates the scenes-not a compliment from the tone of the article.

Also read that the original Holly, Kathy Coleman, is doing a cameo in the movie!

I was a big fan of the series as a kid. I sat down and watched the marathon that was on SciFi over the weekend as well. My kids (ages 8 & 11) laughed their asses off at how BAD it was. They thought it was some kinda of joke. I couldnt argue, the show was TERRIBLE!! I dont know why I liked it so much as a kid. Tell ya what, the people behind that show were doing some serious drugs!! Lol

That was as good as it got back then, those were probably some cutting edge effects back then. Seems all the cartoonists in the 60's and 70's were smoking some serious acid, just take a look at Scooby Doo and HR Puff and Stuff:o

Archived