Which movie an I?

acsjellybean

acsjellybean

Hi when I was younger I went to the Shaw Theater in Toronto around 1983. There was this movie where a man was an actor who pretended to know kung fu in his movies, because it was all acting. The scene I remember most was when he was confronted by some bullies and when he started to fight he realized that the moves he learned in his movies were real and he could fight. He would say the style each time before he used his next move (the monkey, the snake, the tiger and a few others). This is all I remember does anyone have any ideas to which this movie may be? I'd like to see it again.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thedirtytiger

Sounds like something I've seen but I can't remember where....I'd like to know too....

peringaten

I dont quite understand the description. For some reason Spiritual Boxer springs to mind though, but I ain't seen that in ages, so the film itself doesn't exactly spring to mind... if you dig.

acsjellybean

Hi thanks for the info. I'll try those two movies. I remember this movie coming on after Return of the Master Killer. That may give some kind of a timeline. As well I remember the man in the movie was well educated and kind of nerdy. I believe thats why people bullied him. At the end of this movie he was eating in a restaurant and either beckoned out or forced out to fight. This is where he realized everything he had learned acting could be used to fight with. His moves were great. I'll keep looking as well its like trying to remember a name of a song it bugs you until you get it. Thanks again.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I don't think it's either of those films. I can see the scene... but can't place the movie.

Now it's driving me crazy! And it's a very short drive. Someone help!

The ending of HIGH RISK has a similar scene, but that's not it- release date is a decade off!

acsjellybean

Are there any places to go to online and type in movie scenes and a list of possible movies come up? Like programs that you sing out a few notes of a song and the next thing you know it tells you which song it is. I will keep looking I bet it will come on tv late night one day and I'll be surfing channels and just happen to find it. Well we will see what happens.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Are there any places to go to online and type in movie scenes and a list of possible movies come up? Like programs that you sing out a few notes of a song and the next thing you know it tells you which song it is. QUOTE]

Not that I know of.

Can you try describing it again with a little more detail? What hind of movies was he in- period ones I assume? Did the movie seem older, or like it had just come out when you saw it? Describe the star, his clothes, what kind of bad guys, et.

acsjellybean

This movie was either late 70's early 80's. I don't recognize the main character from any other movie. He was early 20's short hair wore glasses until he was fighting. He wore a white button up dress shirt. Which during the last fight seen it was torn off him. This is when he would call out his style of kung fu ( the snake) and start beating up the bad guy, then he would say the Monkey and so on until he went through at least 8 syles and kicked major butt winning in the end. This is all I remember of this movie. I hope that I'll be able to see it again and enjoy filling in the missing gaps of this movie I just wish that I could remember more.

Archived