Fong Sai Yuk in store?

The Amazing Psycho Per

The Amazing Psycho Per

The release date was yesterday but amazon says 1 to 2 weeks to dispatch and HKflix says "on order"...

Anybody saw it somewhere?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Pollard

According to the ad campaign I'm running, the DVD was supposed to have been released yesterday. I wasn't sent the usual press release or screener though which is unusual for Genius.

Mark Pollard

I was hoping someone could fill us in on what the release looks like compared with the Dimension Films version.

I just checked Netflix and the DD version is listed but not available yet so something is definitely amiss. I'll make an inquiry.

Maybe the shipping is off from the Holiday? No that would have messed up other new releases!!

Great I hope this isn't a sign of things to come....

Mark Pollard

I just spoke to a rep for Special Ops Media, the company that usually handles publicity for Genius Products releases, including the Dragon Dynasty titles, and she informed me that they are not representing Genius at this time.

Now it's on to Genius to see what they have to say...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

My friend called me yesterday afternoon to say that he was at our local Best Buy and that they had it there. He asked me if I wanted him to pick it up for me, but as cash is tight, and it's (from what I've read) the cut version I said no. He said that maybe at the last minute they decided to release it uncut, because a sticker on the front said it includes a mono Chinese track (I think he said Cantonese, but I'm not positive). So I'll let you know when he tells me. Like me, he also owns the older, uncut DVD, so he can do a comparison. I'd love to have a nice, new DVD with decent subs and those extra features, but I'm not double-dipping anymore for edited versions ala SUPERCOP.

It's hard for me. I've defended Dragon Dynasty since day one and I've purchased every single one of their releases. BUT I must say it's getting old with re-releases of cut movies with original Canto track like that erases the fact that it's been cut.

I will probably still get it since I don't have the un-cut version and this should have decent picture quality and the fights intact. Also in hopes that they will keep releases movies so I can get more SHAW BROS!!

I know I'm a dreamer.

Mark Pollard

Perhaps online retailer shipments were delayed.

I have the old Universe version that I plan to use to publish a new film review. If I can get my hands on a screener or Netflix copy of the Dragon Dynasty version I'll post a DVD review as well.

daisho2004

I was in the Mall in NJ Yesterday and I seen it there.

Also I was in Walmart today and they had "Ong-Bak Thai Warrior" in the $5.00 Bin a whole lot of them, I was like WOW! Even though I have it already doesn't hurt to have a back up!

Mark Pollard

I was able to get into contact with the PR company now handling the Dragon Dynasty releases and a rep stated that he wasn't "aware of any delays getting the title into stores," but he's looking into it.

Looks like if you can't wait the place to go is your neighborhood retailer.

The Dragon
... Also I was in Walmart today and they had "Ong-Bak Thai Warrior" in the $5.00 Bin a whole lot of them, I was like WOW! Even though I have it already doesn't hurt to have a back up!

That's how I feel about my Bruce Lee films!

;)

I just picked this up at wal-mart, so it is out, I don't know when i'll watch it but the movie list for 95 minutes. So, that would make it cut by a few minutes.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Thanks for the info guys. Mark, nice detective work...

I doubt it's available at retailers over here, we always get DD titles later, when we actually get them at all... I'll wait for a review but, if it's cut, i'll get the french version.

GwaiLoMoFo

Picked up a copy at Best Buy on tuesday but havent checked it out yet. A bit pricey at $20 for a single disc version with very little special features.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I'm sure you've all heard the news by now, but my buddy said this is the same cut version as the last US release.

He said the interviews were good, but the one with Corey was too short. And he also said that the $20.00 price tag was way too high for the same reasons cited by GwaiLoMoFo.

GwaiLoMoFo

Watched it last night and dont know what is cut since Ive only seen the Dimension version prior. I've heard its @ 5min shorter than original version..? Its been a while since I seen it and forgot how much of a blast the film is!

it's 15.95 at hkflix.

$20 after shipping. ;p

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Watched it last night and dont know what is cut since Ive only seen the Dimension version prior. I've heard its @ 5min shorter than original version..?

Hey G, a new poster shared a good link that explains the differences here:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7254&highlight=FONG+SAI+YUK&page=4

I think it's the second to last post on the page.

Seen this at Best Buy the otherday, I was actually impressed with how many different movies they had for once, I picked up Corpse Mania instead:angel:

Archived