Question about Dragon Fist...

lillippa328

lillippa328

i havnt seen it yet, and i was about 2 pick up a Red Sun version that I saw....on the box it says it is Remastered and includes over 20 minutes of edited footage....

how long is the original movie, and should i grab this one?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Sun is a bootleg of the HKL version - which is better.

I updated Wikipedia with info on the DVDs. For those who want the English dub in mono or a Mandarin option, it gets tricky.

lillippa328

can som1 explain to me this red sun thing agin!!?!

arnt they just a 3rd party distributer? NO different than buying the damn DVD-r's from all these other sites...

Red Sun bootleg anything they get their hands on and they don't care. Because of them, distributors can't compete and as a result, releases were cancelled.

doesnt dragon dynasty do ok though?how bout celestials?

Sounds like you've convinced yourself, why ask? There are a couple of threads about Red Sun, do a search.

Personally I don't mind fan made and traded bootlegs but when you are mass producing and getting them in retail stores that's just not good.

I got the tristar version of Dragon Fist, the edits are horrible.

Killer Meteor
doesnt dragon dynasty do ok though?how bout celestials?

Dragon Dynasty has held back on releasing old school due to poor sales

Celestial has ceased doing restorations and what has been released isn't too good at times

Look its simple: DO NOT BUY FROM RED SUN, PANMEDIA OR BONZAI>

END OF STORY

TibetanWhiteCrane
Dragon Dynasty has held back on releasing old school due to poor sales

Celestial has ceased doing restorations and what has been released isn't too good at times

Look its simple: DO NOT BUY FROM RED SUN, PANMEDIA OR BONZAI>

END OF STORY

WOW... this ain't no communist country:S

This discussion is older and more tired than Larry King's moobs....!

If you wanna buy PANMEDIA, REDSUN whatever THEN GO AHEAD!!!!!!!

Stop acting like kids that needs permission from their mommy!

You know the score....You know what they are about, Now put on your big boy pants and go make your own adult decisions!

They're thieving douchebags, but you know that!

Killer Meteor
This is sooooooooo fucking boring.

I always thought Dragon Fist was cool myself!

The Dragon

I just ordered the HKL version of Dragon Fist. I hope it's good. I didn't like the TriStar version... Worst than my old VHS.

lillippa328

ok i watched this tonight, pretty good film, real nice final fight....what do yall think about it?

and i picked up the Red Sun one, LMAO after this film there are like 5 previews that look like they were taken outta a 70's theater and theyre HILARIOUS!!!!!

Here are some of the previews with some lines they used lol....

The Snake Fist Fighter starring Jackie Chan

"Hes deffinetly the next bruce lee" "

I think he is sexy!"

"The Snakefist style is used for killing!"

"He's one BAD MUTHAF---A"

SLAUGHTER in SAN FRANSISCO staring Chuck Norris -

"How did a simple murder case turn into a Slaugher?Find out when you see SLAUGHTER IN SANFRANSISCO!"

DEVIL WOMAN - "TAKE YO MAMA TO SEE IT BEFORE SOMBODY ELSE DOES"

AHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!!!!!Its so cheesy!!awwww man the one time i sat down an thought i was gonna c a jackie movie with no comedy, it hit me at the end, lmao!

Killer Meteor
ok i watched this tonight, pretty good film, real nice final fight....what do yall think about it?

and i picked up the Red Sun one, LMAO after this film there are like 5 previews that look like they were taken outta a 70's theater and theyre HILARIOUS!!!!!

Here are some of the previews with some lines they used lol....

The Snake Fist Fighter starring Jackie Chan

"Hes deffinetly the next bruce lee" "

I think he is sexy!"

"The Snakefist style is used for killing!"

"He's one BAD MUTHAF---A"

SLAUGHTER in SAN FRANSISCO staring Chuck Norris -

"How did a simple murder case turn into a Slaugher?Find out when you see SLAUGHTER IN SANFRANSISCO!"

DEVIL WOMAN - "TAKE YO MAMA TO SEE IT BEFORE SOMBODY ELSE DOES"

AHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!!!!!Its so cheesy!!awwww man the one time i sat down an thought i was gonna c a jackie movie with no comedy, it hit me at the end, lmao!

What did we say about Red Sun?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Some people don't want to listen.

Huh? Did somebody say something? :S

lillippa328
What did we say about Red Sun?

You didnt say that there would be hilarious bootleg 1970 trailers at the end that would be worth the purchase anyway!

btw-its not like those companies pay the actors anyway....shit, if Shaw Bros took care of their people dont you think alllll the shaw bros actors wouldve been rich as hell instead of getting into legal struggles?

yeah maybe we didn't say it then but I'm gonna say it now...

GET OFF JACK STILLERS NUTS!!!

Killer Meteor
You didnt say that there would be hilarious bootleg 1970 trailers at the end that would be worth the purchase anyway!

btw-its not like those companies pay the actors anyway....shit, if Shaw Bros took care of their people dont you think alllll the shaw bros actors wouldve been rich as hell instead of getting into legal struggles?

Actually those trailers have likely been ripped from Something Weird Video's compilations

And this is about ensuring we see decent dvds of these classics in the future. You wonder why there are so few old school kung fu dvds of actual quality?

lillippa328
Actually those trailers have likely been ripped from Something Weird Video's compilations

And this is about ensuring we see decent dvds of these classics in the future. You wonder why there are so few old school kung fu dvds of actual quality?

so are you guarnteeing me that if I dont buy another Red Sun movie...and the hundreads of thousands of red sun buyers continue to day in and day out, that I will finnally get a Remastered,unedited, subtitled 16x9 copy of Shaolin vs Wu Tang with bonus features!

cuz if so ill stop today!

i bet you anything Red Sun pays Shaw on the low!

lillippa328

and by the way, i dont mean to come off as an ass or anything,i do try to get originals first...but to think that the US goverment actually takes bootleggin serious is somthing we need 2 stop stressin about...especially chinese kung fu 70's bootlegs...and to my understanding, in the rest of the world, what Red Sun does is legal

Archived