Invincible Armour cast photo!

teako170

Too bad this sucker wasn't in color (sigh...)

Don't know who the woman is but....

who's the chap between director Ng See Yuen (center) and HJL (far right)?

Maybe .. Tino Wong ? (my best guess)

armour.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Cool pic. I can't place the guy in between Hwang and NG, but he looks familiar. I don't recognize him from the movie.

kungfusamurai

No, it's definitely not Tino Wong. He looks like the third guy in Game of Death who was going up the pagoda with James Tien and Bruce Lee.

KFS

kungfusamurai

Is Gai Yuen the same person as Chieh Yuan (I can't see the picture)? That's the name of the actor I was thinking of from Game of Death. It says on IMDB he appeared in Invincible Armour, and he died in 1977 at age 32???

I found a picture of Chieh Yuan from GOD. He's in the middle. He died of a cerebral edema in '76 according to wikipedia

godbonus5.jpg

KFS

I agree with Manozen. He was the guy who played HJL's guard with the mustache, tried to kill JL while captured and was killed by Tino Wong at the end. Are you guys agree?

The woman is Producer Ha Faan, the mystery man should be Gai Yuen?

Manozen

Thanks for the 411 on the woman.

I didn't think it was Gai Yuen myself (seemed to be too young in that pic) *however* if you look at the Chinese text under the photo I scanned, compare it to Gai Yuen's page over at HKMDb and we have a match....

showgif.jpg

http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=14742&display_set=eng

Morgoth Bauglir

Nice one Manozen. I always forget about that guy. He has a cool look. I wonder why he stopped acting so early.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Nice one Manozen. I always forget about that guy. He has a cool look. I wonder why he stopped acting so early.

Morgoth, that would be because of the whole death thing... :S

Is Gai Yuen the same person as Chieh Yuan (I can't see the picture)? That's the name of the actor I was thinking of from Game of Death. It says on IMDB he appeared in Invincible Armour, and he died in 1977 at age 32???

I found a picture of Chieh Yuan from GOD. He's in the middle. He died of a cerebral edema in '76 according to wikipedia

The Dragon

Yes definetly Chieh Yuen. He was a very good stuntman bit actor usually playing baddies. It was a big deal for him when approached by Lee to co-star in GOD. Sadly, he suffered a fate quite similar to Lee, dying about 3yrs later, further delaying the re-imaging of the film.

kungfusamurai
Yes definetly Chieh Yuen. He was a very good stuntman bit actor usually playing baddies. It was a big deal for him when approached by Lee to co-star in GOD. Sadly, he suffered a fate quite similar to Lee, dying about 3yrs later, further delaying the re-imaging of the film.

That's interesting that you mention that. It might explain why the final version of GoD had so much footage edited out from Lee's original concept. Two out of the three actors had died, so it wouldn't make sense to have a double for Chieh Yuen throughout the film, like they were doing for Bruce. It was just easier to edit his footage out completely. So if he hadn't died, that entire sequence might have been presented intact.

KFS

butcher wing

I love the old photos, keep them coming. Would love to make t shirts with those photos, like early eighties iron ons.

Archived