• Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Based on what???

Screen fighting skills?

Beauty?

Acting chops?

Charisma?

even though kara hui was a good screen fighter and a bit of an edge in looks the best for sheer presence and being able to take over a scene or movie it has to go to ANGELA MAO. for emotion and pure fury no one could do it better. could you imagine a movie with them teamed up--out for bloody revenge-or even a death match between the two ? kinda makes you wonder why nobody thought of it back then. #1--ANGELA MAO #2 KARA HUI

TibetanWhiteCrane
Yes all of what you say. T.W.C.

GD Y-Y

Then I would say Angie Mao too... she was the whole package!

For sheer fighting skills, I would say Yukari Oshima!

The Dragon

Angela Mao Ying!

:D

And... She still looks like she can compete with any of today's heroines!

peringaten

I like screenmate Yang Jing Jing more than Kara. LKL should have pushed her up front more; she had some proper skills.

In answer to thread - Pearl Cheung.

jiujitsu77

angela moa ying....my first screen crush...besides carrie fisher in star wars and kim katrall in BTILC

jiujitsu77

and you are right dragon....angela looks amazing for her age. i think i addressed this in another thread. in a recent interview (japan 2007) she looked like she hasn't aged a bit! i seriously hope for a comeback from her. for real, she is a bad mamajama. yeah she has the screenfighting skills, but she also has the REAL martial art skills to back it up. i wonder if she is still well versed in hapkido.

Jingangchan
even though kara hui was a good screen fighter and a bit of an edge in looks the best for sheer presence and being able to take over a scene or movie it has to go to ANGELA MAO. for emotion and pure fury no one could do it better. could you imagine a movie with them teamed up--out for bloody revenge-or even a death match between the two ? kinda makes you wonder why nobody thought of it back then. #1--ANGELA MAO #2 KARA HUI
Actually-save for weapons play-Angela Mao was the better fighter. Both were super lookers but, Hui Ying Hung had a uniqueness to her beauty that was unparalleled. Mao Ying had the better curves though...

Jingangchan
The best female screen presence.

Your opinions please.

Angela Mao is my # 1 pick.

Your please.

GD Y-Y

All factors considered (Martial knowledge/ability, looks, power, career) it's a tie between Moon Lee and Chia Ling for me. It's a log jam though so "players" like Mao Ying, Cynthia Kan, Hui Ying Hung and Yang Pan Pan are close.

Guest WuxiaFan
Angela Mao all the way, she patented the 'look of doom'. men trembled at that look.

Couldn't agree more! I LOVE Angela Mao! She gives the "look of doom" best in HAPKIDO, especially during the Japanese school fight scene. That's one her all time best scenes. She kicks ass and takes names like nobody's business!

I would also have to add Lady Snowblood herself, Meiko Kaji. She, perhaps, has a better "look of doom/you're as good as sliced and diced" glare than Angela and it is priceless! Meiko's stare was best in the LADY SNOWBLOOD films, BLIND WOMAN'S CURSE, and WANDERING GINZA BUTTERFLY films.

golden harvest greg

I was a stupid kid. I used to hate Asians as a kid. Then I went to see Angela Mao in the

movies, now I love asian women !!!! Peace !!!!

After getting a bunch of those recent Golden Harvest releases on DVD and seeing Broken Oath, When TaeKwonDo Strikes, Lady Whirlwind, and The Himalayan, I also have to go with Angela Mao Ying as my #1. Seeing some of Shi Szu's early Shaw swordplays though, I have to also give her an honorable mention. And I love Cheng Pei Pei, Michelle Yeoh, Hui Ying Hung, etc. There have been a lot of cool women in the genre.

edit: Oh, and who was the white girl in When TaeKwonDo Strikes? She was AWESOME, IMO---did she ever do any more movies?

Okay, it was Anne Winton:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AKaE4zdWI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AKaE4zdWI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Best overall screen presence - for me - Brigitte Lin Ching Hsia.

Though not a martial artist -she have a great screen presence - and that look!!!!!

TdUNhHzE6sI

Archived