Make A Right Decision (1984)

Winfred

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link Mark. Why do I get the impression they are reviewing the wrong movie? Even the actors' names are wrong.

Guest Markgway

From the HKMDB review: "This movie was actually made in 1984 in Taiwan. It is an IFD Joseph Lai movie, which means the movie was ripped off, retitled, redited, and recredited by IFD."

If that's indeed correct then IFD as we know frequently change the names of the actors and (via dubbing) characters. The review is probably of that bastardised version. I'd imagine that the DVD you saw is the original Taiwanese version.

Guest Markgway

IFD is a HK company run by Joseph Lai and Tomas Tang.

Basically they bought the international rights to films from South Korea and Taiwan and buggered them up.

New bogus credits were created, dubbing was employed to change the plots, in many cases new footage was shot and inserted (usually featuring lousy westerners dressed up as Ninjas).

You'll be able to tell which version you have by the credits (and if it's got the original title that's a good sign).

One Armed Boxer

Has anyone on here seen this one? I was contemplating picking up the DVD but it's almost impossible to find any information on the net.

mtzC0wqLhyy0potfRl_1ASQ.jpg

A shame Winfred is no longer with us, hope he's still getting to enjoy some 'fu from up in the heavens.

Archived