Five Deadly Venoms - Dragon Dynasty

clayk

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could rip off their balls too if you want...? :xd:

Considering the crap backing of the classic films Dragon Dynasty has the rights to (especially the Shaw Bros films), go for it. :tongue:

...and if it was a Chang Cheh film it would end with me ripping off TWC's testicles and crushing them with my clenched fist.

Markgway: 看见。 源语言优越! 您将尊敬它或者…

(See. Original language is superior! You will respect it or else...)

TWC: 啊,我的球!

(Ah, my balls!)

:angel:

That was worth getting on the forums tonight!!!

Although in reality wouldn't that be just as in line with a Sonny Chiba-san film as well?? You would have to be channeling him for sure to peform the perfect manly testicle crush. :squigglemouth:

...and if it was a Chang Cheh film it would end with me ripping off TWC's testicles and crushing them with my clenched fist...

TWC: 啊,我的球! ... (Ah, my balls!)

Clench of Fury!

FOFAVATAR4.gif

:bigsmile:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
:angel:

That was worth getting on the forums tonight!!!

Although in reality wouldn't that be just as in line with a Sonny Chiba-san film as well?? You would have to be channeling him for sure to peform the perfect manly testicle crush. :squigglemouth:

Clench of Fury!

LMAO! And a picture to go with the idea...

post-159-144191886246_thumb.png

For those who haven't checked, apparently the first review of the DD DVD is on the front page of the site... only extra is indeed Bey Logan's commentary. Not even a trailer. *sigh* Well, it still beats out IVL's release by containing the mono tracks and a progressive scan transfer. Something tells me this may be Dragon Dynasty's last SB DVD :sad: Oh well, give the leftovers to Media Blasters :tongue:

TibetanWhiteCrane

WOW.... that's an awful lot of people concerned with my nutsack! You dudes need some hobbies.... or at least come clean with your latent homosexuality.... you'll feel better, or so they say!

For those who haven't checked, apparently the first review of the DD DVD is on the front page of the site... only extra is indeed Bey Logan's commentary. Not even a trailer. *sigh* Well, it still beats out IVL's release by containing the mono tracks and a progressive scan transfer. Something tells me this may be Dragon Dynasty's last SB DVD :sad: Oh well, give the leftovers to Media Blasters :tongue:

I actually think this is good sign for Dragon Dynasty. I mean times are tough and to release movies with limited extras, but with qualify video and audio, that can help them save money and make a profit off a disk rather than losing. Sure it totally sucks not to have as many extras as before, but having the film itself released is what really matters.

I know I know they have been released and are availble but for those that didn't import the ILV version this is great!!

I actually think this is good sign for Dragon Dynasty. I mean times are tough and to release movies with limited extras, but with qualify video and audio, that can help them save money and make a profit off a disk rather than losing. Sure it totally sucks not to have as many extras as before, but having the film itself released is what really matters.

I know I know they have been released and are availble but for those that didn't import the ILV version this is great!!

I dunno how much money they saved by not including trailers that were easily available though. I mean, it seems like DVDs nowadays compeltely overlook trailers. Come on, they're like mini-movies!

And believe it or not, I've NEVER seen 5DV, so I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it. I rented the old VHS releases years ago, but by the time I had a chance to watch it, I had to take it back :sad: Well, it'll be all mine now! If only it came out a week sooner for my birthday...

this film good?

Yes, it's considered a classic. It was probably the next martial arts movie to break big in the West (the States, at least), since King Boxer (aka Five Fingers of Death) and Enter the Dragon. I don't think there was anything comparable between '73 and '78.

Part of what makes The Five Venoms so enduring is that it isn't just another straightforward martial arts action (rival schools/revenge, etc..) movie, but that Chang Cheh lifted a page from the wu xia pian playbook and made it a mystery/suspense with martial arts. In other words, it's worth a blind buy.

kungfusamurai
Yes, it's considered a classic. It was probably the next martial arts movie to break big in the West (the States, at least), since King Boxer (aka Five Fingers of Death) and Enter the Dragon. I don't think there was anything comparable between '73 and '78.

Part of what makes The Five Venoms so enduring is that it isn't just another straightforward martial arts action (rival schools/revenge, etc..) movie, but that Chang Cheh lifted a page from the wu xia pian playbook and made it a mystery/suspense with martial arts. In other words, it's worth a blind buy.

It might not appeal to people who have been watching the other Venoms flicks and are expecting wall to wall action. This definitely falls under the drama/mystery with kung fu category.

KFS

It might not appeal to people who have been watching the other Venoms flicks and are expecting wall to wall action. This definitely falls under the drama/mystery with kung fu category.

KFS

Eh, I like that, as it makes character and plot the top priorities. Looking forward to finally seeing this!

Kung Foolery
When is this released? I was hoping to pick this up yesterday at BB.

I don't think BB will be carrying this at any stores. I checked a few days ago and the company wide system didn't have a sku# for it. If stores will carry something then the sku# is usually in the system at least a month before the release date.

:sad:

I will double check tomorrow, there might be a slight chance I overlooked something.

Kung Foolery
It's listed on the BB website (though no cover art).

Available online only.

It doesn't look like Flag Of Iron will be at stores either.

But of course there's a million copies of Brave Archer everywhere :squigglemouth:.

Kung Foolery
It's on PREorder as it hasn't been released yet...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9462958&st=venoms&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=48893

Unless I'm blind I don't see an online only listed (Store Pickup: Coming Soon ) *prays it comes to a store*

I work there. There is no listing for it in the system (totally seperate from the BB.com).

If any store location anywhere will be carrying it there would be a listing. The only sku# in the computer for that title is that really old letterboxed edition from the 90s.

Like I said, there is a slim chance I missed something. It being a DD release makes me think there might be a chance (a delayed release, perhaps?)

I'll find out for sure tomorrow night.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I remember Kung Foolery kept us up-to-date on this the last time too. Thanks brother.

And it seems that my Best Buy always gets the Dragon Dynasty and Media Blasters titles on their shelves at least a week or two after the official release date, so...

Best Buy is hit or miss with classic martial arts titles... although due to the "pull" of the Weinstein Company, the Dragon Dynasty releases usually make it there the first day, while the Media Blasters releases wander about a bit.

Archived