Five Deadly Venoms - Dragon Dynasty

clayk

5 deadly venoms is good but it should/could have been great...two thing;there is not enough fights..and 2nd while storyline is not bad with better scriptwriter it would have been excellent.Now there is not any suspense while there could have been it a lot.

Intro is one of best ever in movies it prepares one to for spectacular experience.It does not quite deliver but one hell of a movie venoms still is.But not their finest hour.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 deadly venoms is good but it should/could have been great...two thing;there is not enough fights..and 2nd while storyline is not bad with better scriptwriter it would have been excellent.Now there is not any suspense while there could have been it a lot.

Intro is one of best ever in movies it prepares one to for spectacular experience.It does not quite deliver but one hell of a movie venoms still is.But not their finest hour.

I totally agree, its more a detective mystery than a kung fu film and thats not a problem but with the Venoms on hand there could of been a lot more fighting. Also, they killed each other at the end but wasn't Wang Lung Wei truly the real villain? That's the fight I wanted to see.

But then again, Toad, Snake, and Centipede shined in their fighting scenes.

I totally agree, its more a detective mystery than a kung fu film and thats not a problem but with the Venoms on hand there could of been a lot more fighting. Also, they killed each other at the end but wasn't Wang Lung Wei truly the real villain? That's the fight I wanted to see.

But then again, Toad, Snake, and Centipede shined in their fighting scenes.

I have kind of mixed feelings about end...vengeance creates more violence so moral is good..but then again concerning cinematic issues who would NOT want to see kuo chui and chiang sheng take on wang lung wei:tongue:?

Morgoth Bauglir
Five Venoms is to me the first and best of the Venoms series.

Actually, what you first state is fact. This is the first Venoms movie. It’s where the term “Venoms” comes from. Wei Pai may not be considered a Venom, I understand that. But I must bring this topic back up because it is buging me. What about Super Ninjas? I consider it a Venoms movie. Lots of baby Venoms, Lo Meng and Chang Cheh. Maybe a poll should be started on this.

Guest Markgway

Wei Pai was an original Venom. He just left them to move to Golden Harvest.

Althought the first film was called FIVE Venoms there were six in the team.

In fact it was Chiang Sheng who wasn't actually a Venom in The Five Venoms.

Wei Pai was an original Venom. He just left them to move to Golden Harvest.

Althought the first film was called FIVE Venoms there were six in the team.

In fact it was Chiang Sheng who wasn't actually a Venom in The Five Venoms.

disagree...chiang sheng character was student,not mastered any venom style.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

lol nothing...I had multiple windows open and reply without reading carefully:crossedlips:

What about Super Ninjas? I consider it a Venoms movie. Lots of baby Venoms, Lo Meng and Chang Cheh. Maybe a poll should be started on this.

Oh, I hope not. I have my own ideas like everyone else about what makes a "Venoms", and if/when I get all the movies required, I'll ask everyone to help me research, but 5EN would be out regardless. I think we all would love to find a way to include it, but there's just too much stretching involved to make 5EN a so-called "Venoms" film [have we ever even established "baby Venoms" criteria?]. If this happened, then we'd have to include "The Nine Demons", and do we really want that?

The Running Man

jrmca's post gave me a taste of Dragon Dynasty's release of Five Venoms.

Just as lazy as ever. They actually released it with the same horrible subtitles Celestial made for this. Aside from bad grammar and all that, remember that that is the infamous subtitle "translation" that actually says, "Snake Spirit Dude".

And it's all there for you... from Dragon Dynasty.

jrmca's post gave me a taste of Dragon Dynasty's release of Five Venoms.

Your welcome

Just as lazy as ever. They actually released it with the same horrible subtitles Celestial made for this. Aside from bad grammar and all that, remember that that is the infamous subtitle "translation" that actually says, "Snake Spirit Dude".

And it's all there for you... from Dragon Dynasty.

I remember from the DD version "You better hide father away" when clearly it should have been further.

Morgoth Bauglir
Oh, I hope not. I have my own ideas like everyone else about what makes a "Venoms", and if/when I get all the movies required, I'll ask everyone to help me research, but 5EN would be out regardless. I think we all would love to find a way to include it, but there's just too much stretching involved to make 5EN a so-called "Venoms" film [have we ever even established "baby Venoms" criteria?]. If this happened, then we'd have to include "The Nine Demons", and do we really want that?

I don’t think that if a movie is bad it should not be considered a Venoms movie (at least I assume that's what you're saying there). I haven’t seen 9 Demons, so I can’t comment. But if it has the feel of a Venoms movie, has at least 1 main Venom in a starring role and is directed by Chang Cheh, and also has lots of baby Venoms, I consider it a Venoms movie.

We will just agree to disagree I think. Maybe one day we'll meet in the middle. It is an interesting topic to me. I enjoy seeing what people have to say about this.

We've had bad Venoms films according to some of us here, but "9 Demons" sorta goes further than that and closes in on "insult to the Venoms" territory. My main hangup is giving credibility to the bootleg distributors out there - the kind that call "36 Crazy Fists" a BIG, FAT JACKIE CHAN STARRING VEHICLE - that slap the word "Venoms" on the tin so they can sell more units. We've got only one original Venom, three honorary Venoms ("babies" don't count) and, most importantly, zero core Venoms. That's just not enough. I do agree it's worth further comparison (I gotta find the remaining films I'm missing), but I don't wanna get too far off topic here.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah should probably start a thread on this, or bring an old thread back. But one last point here from me. I hear you on Lo Meng not being a core Venom. But he's my favorite Venom, so he gets higher status in my mind. And 3 honorary Venoms? I don't understand that. I consider all these guys baby Venoms- Lung Tien Sheng, Yu Tai PIng, Chu Ker, Wang Li, Ricky Cheng, Siao Yuk... This list is getting too long:tongue: Now would the guy who kills himself with an axe, Ngai Tim Choi be considered a baby Venom? I would say no. He worked with many other directors besides Chang Cheh during his time with SB, so to me, he's not really part of their group. But what about Lung Tien Sheng? He also worked with other directors at SB. But he was usually had big roles in the Venoms movies, so I consider him a baby Venom. I'm rambling a bit here, I better stop or we have no chance of getting this problem solved.

Lo Meng is definitely core venom...even as he does not stick around to end fight he will display stuff more than chiang sheng who is not actually core venom in 5 deadly venoms,just student.and not introduced in awesome opening.

Morgoth Bauglir

I also think he is one of the main Venoms. But I believe what Bronx Rican is saying, is that Kuo Choi, Chiang Sheng and Lu Feng are the core Venoms.

Lo Meng is definitely core venom...even as he does not stick around to end fight he will display stuff more than chiang sheng who is not actually core venom in 5 deadly venoms,just student.and not introduced in awesome opening.

i too consider Lo Meng to be a main part of "the venoms". to me, his fights seem more intense. i.e., the scene where he fought to his death trying to rescue his master in "five elements ninja".

i too consider Lo Meng to be a main part of "the venoms". to me, his fights seem more intense. i.e., the scene where he fought to his death trying to rescue his master in "five elements ninja".

Yeah and in beginning where he is takes on samurai he displays massive self-confidence:bigsmile:

Morgoth Bauglir

That fight before his death is an amazing fight. Lo Meng really gets to let loose there. And that opening scene still gives me chills even after seeing the movie close to 50 times. "I'll use my hands against.... any weapon."

That fight before his death is an amazing fight. Lo Meng really gets to let loose there. And that opening scene still gives me chills even after seeing the movie close to 50 times. "I'll use my hands against.... any weapon."

i pick mb release for cool dub,own IVL already.

The Running Man

By the way, I didn't realize it before but there is a French release and it has interviews with both Philip Kwok and Lo Meng.

Might give that disc a spin sometime.

Same as in Kid With The Golden Arm, he was awesome. His Mantis Fist, hand to hand/weapon fighting is one of the more believable performances in KF film history. You just know he can deal with the best of them with his hand skills!

:nerd:

Archived