Five Deadly Venoms - Dragon Dynasty

clayk

DeathFuMaster

I think this DVD will do very well though. I seen a lot of people buying them at Walmart when I got mine, even somebody that worked there snagged one.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai
yep, a lousy 3.5GB, with a video bitrate under 5000. really laughable for such a company.

They might be doing it to foil people converting it to AVI. If you have a better quality source, then when you compress it, it still looks good. If the source is just okay, it looks like shite when compressed. That's my theory on that, anyway.

I wonder where the Wild Side DVD fits on the spectrum. Too bad DVD Beaver didn't analyze that one.

KFS

Guest Markgway

I seem to remember the first 15 mins of Ma Su Chen being a reprise of Furious Slaughter... and Ma Su Chen only runs about 80 mins. It was a quick cash-in.

Toby did a commentary with Wong Tao on Rarescope's Along Comes a Tiger. Best commentary I've ever heard. Toby's knowledge is off the charts, but he just seems to be too soft spoken and maybe not comfortable doing a commentary. But he asks good questions and Wong Tao has a lot to say.

Wong Tao and Toby Russell also do a commentary on Soulblade's "Secret Rivals" DVD. I've only listened to it once but I found it informative.

Amazon has the old reviews for The Return of the Five Deadly Venoms bootleg linked to the new Dragon Dynasty release. I emailed them and pointed out that its the wrong movie, the responded by saying that they think its just a different edition.

Morons.:2:

I found it odd that they don't include ANY extras (other than the commentary), but yet they give it a slipcover, formerly reserved for the 2-disc sets...

The interviews evidently were already done, would it have cost that much to put them on the disc? I don't really know about royalties and such, I would assume that they paid the interviewees when they were interviewed, it seems like that money was wasted if they aren't put on the disc. And trailers, I would think that they don't cost much of anything to throw on there (look at the Image discs, they have a ton of trailers.)

Obviously, there was plenty of room on the 5DV discs for extras

seems their Shaw Releases are coming to a fast end. cheapest Mastering possible, not even a Celestial Trailer, no NOTHING (except a super-important commentary which was cheap i guess - he's involved with the company ;) ). this is going downhill very fast. thanks to rotten sales of course... oh well.

I could live with that if they start putting out titles faster (say like a double feature pack). I'd love to see Seven Man Army with the complete dub.

I found it odd that they don't include ANY extras (other than the commentary), but yet they give it a slipcover, formerly reserved for the 2-disc sets...

The interviews evidently were already done, would it have cost that much to put them on the disc? I don't really know about royalties and such, I would assume that they paid the interviewees when they were interviewed, it seems like that money was wasted if they aren't put on the disc. And trailers, I would think that they don't cost much of anything to throw on there (look at the Image discs, they have a ton of trailers.)

Obviously, there was plenty of room on the 5DV discs for extras

Bey Logan said on his facebook "I know! The problem is that the Shaw titles just haven't sold huge numbers in North America, for anybody!, and so the budgets have come down accordingly."

Gonna watch this film.

should be ordering tomorrow so u can borrow, Bey Logan say's "We have Crippled Avengers coming soon!" so i should be getting that as well.

Five Deadly Venoms Documentary Part 1 QOwN_XroG_0 hope you enjoy:smile:

Fightingfist
should be ordering tomorrow so u can borrow, Bey Logan say's "We have Crippled Avengers coming soon!" so i should be getting that as well.

Oh niceee, thxs

Amazon fixed the link but of course all the reviews are for the old bootlegs so whatever....

Crippled Avengers would be great, I've watched the Zoke DVD several times but english dub on that one is a favorite so I'd pick up a DD version. Hopefully Masked Avengers is in the pipeline too.

I could care less about extras, barebones is fine as long as the video and audio are clean. Don't for get that just a few years ago the best you could get was Ground Zero crap.

I could care less about extras, barebones is fine as long as the video and audio are clean. Don't for get that just a few years ago the best you could get was Ground Zero crap.

Very good point.

• Administrator
lol, man I must've bought all those ground zero DVD's no joke.

Me too. When there was nothing else, they were very exciting!

Since I haven't been buying that many MA dvds until recently, I don't think I've ever picked up a bootleg. Of course, back at the beginning of my DVD collection (I started in 2000), I picked up a few of the cheapo public domain DVDs, like Platinum, Good Times, and so on.

The Silver Fox

Picked up my copy of Five Deadly Venoms today. I wasn't even planning to buy it since I've been on a sci-fi bender lately and I already own 2 versions of this film. Well, I went to Best Buy and they had 1 copy so I just had to get it.

:ooh:

There is a Five Venoms trailer on the disc. However there is no audio and it's only widescreen.

How do i find this trailer because my my dvd came today & i can't seem to find it :?

Archived