Drunken Fist Boxing w/ Jackie Chan?

littlefuzzy

littlefuzzy

Has anyone heard of this title?

From the cast listed (not counting Jackie Chan,) it appears that it is this title from IMDB -

Zui xia Su Qi Er (1979)

-or-

from HKMDB

The Story of Drunken Master (1979)

I have a video tape from "Eastern Heroes Video" circa 1996 that shows this as Drunken Fist Boxing, and Jackie Chan is labeled as the star.

I haven't watched it yet, so I'm not sure... Is this just a case of companies slapping Jackie's name on any martial arts film, did they edit some stuff in from Drunken Master, etc., or is he actually in this and not credited?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

From HKFlix.com...

Jackie Chan is not in this film. The beginning of the film features an unrelated clip from the ending of "Drunken Master", where Jackie Chan squares off with Hwang Jang Lee. After that, Jackie's gone. Please ignore the alternate titles listed on the back of the case, as those are alternate titles for "Drunken Master", not for this film. The film is also not directed by Yuen Wo Ping as mentioned on the case.

Yeah I have the video too...its stars Simon Yuen, Sharon Yeung, Casanova Wong, and Yen Shi-Kwan as the villain.

butcher wing

I remember this movie, false advertising, with Jackie on the front cover the picture of him from drunken master 2. But when you watch surprise no Jackie

Archived