ID of Ken Takakura film?

Tantheman

I was reading through the thread Sammo's missed opportunity on the 1980s to present and found a link to an interview with John Woo describing a Ken Takakura film.

Here's the link: http://www.hkfilm.net/killer.htm

He describes the film that was a template for The Killer. I've read stuff by Woo talking about this film before and it sounds like an excellent movie. Anybody know what the movie's called and where I could get it?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the quick reply Tibetanwhitecrane! You don't happen to know where I could buy this from do you?

TibetanWhiteCrane

No idea... doubt it is out in any western friendly version, but I could be wrong!

Ok guys I'm a bit confused. As you can see IMDB lists these movies separately. Yakuza are you saying that the movie you described is the same as Tokyo Gang vs Hong Kong gang, or a different one but definitely the one that inspired the Killer?

TibetanWhiteCrane

I think he took stuff from both! But maybe the movie Woo talks about in that interview is the one yakuza mentioned!

Thanks guys I've gone ahead and ordered the Outlaw. Can't wait for this one! Takakura's the man! My mate just got the original Golgo 13, had to pay 35 quid for it! He says its amazing, worth every penny. Gonna get a copy of that one!

Archived