• The Challenger
    • The Loot
    • Duel of the 7 Tigers
    • Tiger Over Wall
    • Dragon Blood
    • 8 Diagram Pole Fighter
    • Secret Service of the Imperial Court

Omni Dragon
Holy Crap! I just watch this ending fight scene in Fearless Dragon.

I don't think I've ever seen it before. Leung Kar Yan & Philip Ko Fei vs Johnny Wang.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ffMsFgrx4&feature=related

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fieZAKwrj50&feature=related

This is one of the fastest, technical, most viscious fight I've ever seen.

It's a good film with a twisting plot i just watched the whole film but saying 'vs Johnny Wang' gives a lot of the plot away.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Poll Morgoth and you got 3 of my personal faves which could make an all time top 10 as well so choosing 1 is very difficult!

I'm choosing from these

Master Killers

The Loot

The Challenger

Also rated him in Legend of a fighter and Fist Kicks Evils

Yeah great poll Morgoth, I agree completely about the Challenger! Has anyone seen Goose Boxer? Just watched it thought it was pretty good, especially the fight between Phillip Ko and Lee Hoi San, brilliant! Although I wouldn't put it up there with his best fighting performances, its still well good.

Also has anyone seen Souls of Sword with the man Phillip Ko? (Not to be confused with the Shaw Brothers movie of similar name) I've seen it for cheap was wondering if it's worth getting

One of my top favorite screen fighters! Philip Ko is simply amazing! This is tough but I have to go with my guilty favorite, Two on the Road (Fearless Dragons). I saw this in the theatre and whenever it the final fight came on and Philip Ko broke out the horse style, it brought the entire theatre into an uproar where you couldn't even hear the movie! Those were the good days! People appreciated good kung fu flics like this one.

I enjoyed many, many of his films like Dragon on Fire, Tiger Over Wall, Master Killers, Incredible Kung Fu Master, The Loot, Deadly Challenger, Iron Dragon Strikes Back, Legend of a Fighter, I will Finally Knock You Down Dad, etc...

He had so much charisma and style. I was so disappointed when his staring roles began to decrease.

prinnysquad

Bit of an old topic this, but as a noob. I'm only just getting round to seeing a lot of these films for the first time.

Frankly, I'd say Ko Fei is the screenfighter I rate the highest of the ones I've seen so far. I always enjoy John Liu, Gordon Liu, Mark Long, HJL, and a host of others, but this guy never ceases to astound me with his versatility.

One of the first films I ever saw was Shadow of the Tiger on the movies4men2 satellite channel, which I subsequently bought on the Vengeance label (Duel of the Seven Tigers). The karate champion bad guy struck me as a hard ass, really impressive and believable in completely owning the other fighters. To the last, his technique was fast, accurate and powerful. When this poll first started, I voted for that performance, as it really stood out in my mind.

However, since then I've been impressed to the nth degree by this fella's range. The first time I watched 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, amongst all the eye-opening teeth smashing and the like, one scene burned itself into my mind. The staff battle between Liu and the monk was outstanding, probably the best I've ever seen, and that includes films like Hell's Windstaff that I'd seen previously. Once again, the speed, power and technique was spellbinding. 'Who the hell is that monk?', I thought. I was surprised to learn it was Ko. Now, thinking about it, it makes perfect sense.

Since then I've seen him in Shaolin Intruders and Fearless Dragons. Good God, that horse style is amazing! My mouth hit the floor watching that, I've never seen anything quite like it!

I've still got The Challenger, Master Killers and The Loot to watch, and despite my high expectations, I reckon Ko will fulfill them. I've also got Tiger Over Wall, Two Wondrous Tigers, Snake Deadly Act, Cantonen Iron Kung Fu, and a load of other films with him in to watch. Isn't he meant to be good in Goose Boxer and Incredible Kung Fu Master too? I'll have to track those down.

If I had to vote again, equipped with this new knowledge, this poll would be impossible! So many different styles, so versatile, I feel like I'd be doing his performance in Fearless Dragons a disservice if I voted for 8 Diagram - and this notion applies to plenty of his other films too :bigsmile:

presicion25

Phillip Ko Fei also has decent fight scenes in:

Shaolin Master and the Kid aka One Man Army (he fights Yueh Hua in the middle of the film)

Along Came A Tiger (he fights Wong Tao)

Choy Lee Fut Kung Fu (he fights Cliff Lok)

The Shaolin Monk (he fights Chen Sing at the end)

Mars Villa (he fights John Liu)

Archived