Jet LI!

lillippa328

lillippa328

NEEDED TO DO MORE SB MOVIES!!!!!

i just watched MA of Shaolin with him in it, and daaaaamn i think he mightve been my fav. MA'ist if more of his choreography was like this!! Very fast paced...no wires...that classic SB style...and him and Gordon wouldve been one hell of a duel back then!!!

did LKL do the action?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, along with the Lau Ga Ban (Liu's Stuntmen Association/Liu's Brothers). It wasn't a Shaw film either, I believe they just had the rights to it.

Yeah man i have always thought that too. Jet would of been so awesome in some old school Shaw Brothers movies.

Yep, I've always thought Jet Li came on the scene about 10-15 years too late. Here you have one of the most physically gifted people in the world, wushu champion of China---a martial arts style that's specifically geared towards theatrical, athletic, very visually impressive moves, and what do they do to him in most of his movies in the 90s? Put him on wires and undercrank the film. While I do enjoy some wire-fu, you can even make non-martial artists look great with that style (Chow Yun Fat in Crouching Tiger)---but without the quick editing, and with the long shots of complex choreography that they used so much in the 70s, Jet would have really been fantastic in those, IMO.

lillippa328
Yeah, along with the Lau Ga Ban (Liu's Stuntmen Association/Liu's Brothers). It wasn't a Shaw film either, I believe they just had the rights to it.

but the shaw logo came on before it tho

Archived