Chang Yi Dao/Jang Il Do

Guest Chan Wah Shun

Guest Chan Wah Shun

Just watched Stranger from Shaolin, and I must say, I almost forgot how badass Chang Yi Dao is, even though he kinda disappears in the finale.

My question is, what are some flicks that have Chang Yi Dao in bigger roles than those in Stranger... or Blooded Treasury Fight. Only ones I can think of are Grandmaster of Shaolin Kung Fu and Dragon on Fire/Enter Three Dragons. Didn't he do some Korean movies?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

I liked Jang's performance in STRANGER but he was definately short changed in the finale. He disappears only to be seen walking away alive at the end. As he's Korean I would expect he was in a number of Korean movies as well as a few HK co-productions like this.

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Try searching for Philip Cheung aka Chang Yi Tao.

It wouldn't be unfair to say he was in the majority of Korean kung fu films of the time! My pick would be 'Blood of Dragon Peril'.

Guest Chinatown Kid

This guy was a great kicker, I really liked him in Enter Three Dragons, seems like he went under an aka name of Bruce Lai or something similar in that film and maybe some others. If you haven't seen Mantis Combat be sure to check that film out, he gets to dish out some pretty good kicks and Chen Sing plays the villain.

Guest mongol

He was in a movie called "Blazing Ninja" from the 70's. He gets to fight Phillip Ko in a few scenes and Bolo in another.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I used to have that Blazing Ninja film on vhs years ago and from what I remember, fight scenes from Enter Three Dragons were inserted in the film. Must have been one of those Godfrey Ho paste jobs. ;)

Guest Jesse Smooth

Yup, C-Town---this was a 1977 Korean film called Gate of Life and Death, which he also played in. I bought the DVD when my supermarket had a $1bin.

Archived