BRUCE LEE'S BLU RAY COMING SOON IN HONG KONG

kowloon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... about these releases. I received them today and I demoed each after first playing the Fortune Star DVD remasters. On my Sony BDP-S550 The DVD's looked great up converted;blacks and darks were very detailed, color palate toned down... The Blu-Rays were more detailed as far as skin-blemished, and make-up clogged close-ups were concerned;however, the overall PQ had some sort of bluish (Blu-Ray?) hue,:confused: as if they were attempting to balance the color base of the print. The end result being I believe I prefer my FS DVD's up converted over these.:disappointed: With really no special features to speak of, no trailers, or even trailers for releases to come, these are not must-have quality discs.

If you never purchased the FS releases, then I would recommend these, if you do have them or the HKL's version, and are not a completest which I am, when it comes to Bruce Lee, and have $60 to waste, be my guest.

Over-all discs on a scale of 0-10...

you can see every bead of sweat on Bruce & Han Ying Chieh's faces during the climax...

There's a horrible joke somewhere in there...

Thanks for the info. Hmmmm... I do own the FS releases.

Spannick, what about you? I saw the screen caps and they look pretty good, but what are your final thoughts?

Yeah thanks you guys for taking the plunge, i was a tight ass and didn't bother getting these and i'm glad!

they sound shit and while where on the sound subject how was it? poor i assume

upscaled the dvds look superb but i will wait a bit until some decent studio give these titles a worthy release

Hmm, the screencaps don't look any better than HKL's discs...I was hoping Way of the Dragon might look decent (at last):sad:

Killer Meteor

OT but...

On the IVL DVDs of Fist Of Fury and Way of the Dragon, are the Cantonese mono tracks genuine mono and in sync?

Got to disagree with some of the comments...i tested these playing in my usa ps3 while playing the hkl dvds on my sony upscaling blu-ray player..switching between the 2 it was clear the image on the blu-ray was far superior imo.

Audio are horribly remixed with new Effects OF COURSE, and what i spot-checked at least FIST OF FURY is out of synch on the Mandarin Track. won't watch them anyway with these Audio tracks, so i won't complain too much. FIST looks MUCH worse than BOSS on BR, there's no argument here. i won't compare them directly with the DVDs though (too lazy), but FIST is probably a bit sharper on BR (BOSS is better anyway on BR)

looking at these images i think i like the look of the blood on the dvd better.

The picture quality looks great! But I can see it now I spend 30 bucks for each disk and a couple months later, the English dub versions will pop up in Blu Ray. :sad::ooh::squigglemouth:

Ok but who can possibly publish these movies now? Who got the rights in Europe? HKL is gone.

And what label would release them in US? CBS Fox? Dragon Dynasty? I think there will be a long wait and if it shows up it will suck big time

Ok but who can possibly publish these movies now? Who got the rights in Europe? HKL is gone.

And what label would release them in US? CBS Fox? Dragon Dynasty? I think there will be a long wait and if it shows up it will suck big time

Fox owns the rights to these (except Enter the Dragon, which was replaced with GOD II) in the USA. The old US Bruce Lee set was pretty much a cut and paste of the HK one, but with English dubs. Expect the same thing some time down the road.

I have to say Fist looks like ass, but Boss looks great!

Archived