BRUCE LEE'S BLU RAY COMING SOON IN HONG KONG

kowloon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABOUT F*#KING TIME!!! But Deltamac? I thought Kam and Ronson snatched these up. Also, the only other one I can find is Fist of Fury:

Fist of Fury Blu-Ray at YesAsia

Maybe there was some distribution issue between Kam & Ronson and Deltamac, causing the near two month delay. Now, where the hell are Way of the Dragon, Enter the Dragon, and the Police Story/Once Upon A Time In China trilogies? Oh well, Big Boss is the one I want the most anyway, heh heh.

Also, I'm holdng out to see what the price will be at DDDHouse.

On another note, a certain someone here will be happy to see the covers :yociexp83:

Guest Markgway

I wouldn't get too excited until we actually see what they're like.

Obviouly the extras are really shit.

No definite word yet on original mono or region coding.

I wouldn't get too excited until we actually see what they're like.

Obviouly the extras are really shit.

No definite word yet on original mono or region coding.

True about mono, but did it even list extras at all? And I'm a "region-A-er", so the coding's not a problem if there is any. I also find it interesting that there's a Thai track on The Big Boss... wonder if it'll sync up with any of the Thai actors.

So I can't play bruce lee's blu ray region A???

OH MY GOD.

Thanks for a help.

Kowloon

It's yet to be confirmed... seems like half of the blu-rays that come out (especially ones MARKED region A on their boxes) aren't actually coded. I'm sure when these come out, someone can confirm whether or not they're actually coded.

This is a good site for Blu-Ray region info.

http://bluray.liesinc.net/

The bad thing is most new US films are region A these days, I know universal are always region free though :)

Sooner they create a hack for the Playstation 3 to play all regions the better!!!

A multi-region Blu-Ray player Panasonic etc) is around £350, and a none multi player is £150, £200 extra is a ripp off for the multi mod!!

Prices for multi region blu-ray are expensive but so was normal dvd when it first arrived, lets hope it becomes popular enough to make prices come down.

Most of the Deltamac Blu-ray releases have been region free so far so it looks good for the Lee discs, lets just hope that its not just a terrible sound remix with no mono option.

Guest Markgway

I'm in the UK so that's Region B. If HK distributors make a habit of coding their discs I'm fucked. So far the majority have been Region Free, BUT the one disc I actually want, IP MAN, is coded A. You couldn't put money on it!

In the US, Fox are the main supporters of region coding. They code about 98% of their titles (with only the odd one slipping thru the net). Sadly Fox also distributes MGM/UA. Sony and Disney code occasionally, mainly select new titles. Warners, Paramount and Universal are always region free.

Thats why Blu-ray will continue to struggle, high prices and having to get a multi region player to get the widest choice, its crazy, imagine buying an audio cd in America and not being able to play it in Europe, there would be outrage!!

Thats why Blu-ray will continue to struggle, high prices and having to get a multi region player to get the widest choice, its crazy, imagine buying an audio cd in America and not being able to play it in Europe, there would be outrage!!

It's not really struggling right now. If anything, most of what I've read has implied that it's made faster progress than DVD did. Now, on the other hand, saying that blu-ray will flat out replace DVDs within a decade would be more far fetched. I think that unlike DVD and VHS, blu-ray and DVD will be more "side by side". The region coding thing is still annoying though, although it has yet to get to a point where I wanted a Region B or C disc. At least with high definition video, we've finally bypassed NTSC and PAL formats.

But back to the Bruce Lee blu-rays... I'm really REALLY tempted to pre-order The Big Boss. Just having the film in high definition would be a plus, but I have no idea what to expect with audio or extras. People are worred about 5.1 only... but let's not forget the Universe Laser DVD... not only 5.1 only, but both Cantonese and Mandarin tracks had been completely redubbed with new voice actors.

But back to the Bruce Lee blu-rays... I'm really REALLY tempted to pre-order The Big Boss. Just having the film in high definition would be a plus, but I have no idea what to expect with audio or extras. People are worred about 5.1 only... but let's not forget the Universe Laser DVD... not only 5.1 only, but both Cantonese and Mandarin tracks had been completely redubbed with new voice actors.

Don't waste your time or money. Unless it is the uncut 35 mm print with mandarin, cantonese, and BOTH english dubbs, you are better off holding onto the FOX version of the Big Boss. Oh and also the on the set interview footage as well.

But to simply release the Blu-Ray without any of these is a redundant bastardization of the Lee legacy. and they know it.

Don't waste your time or money. Unless it is the uncut 35 mm print with mandarin, cantonese, and BOTH english dubbs, you are better off holding onto the FOX version of the Big Boss. Oh and also the on the set interview footage as well.

But to simply release the Blu-Ray without any of these is a redundant bastardization of the Lee legacy. and they know it.

VenomsFan for Forum President!

:yociexp75:

I seen on another forum that these discs are coded region A, tired and tested! so us people in the UK are out of luck!! Also the picture quality isn't that fantastic!!

Eh. read it was "less than stellar"... I'd like to see some 1080 caps though, as I've only seen some 720-rip caps. Even then, Boss still looked better than Fist.

Eh. read it was "less than stellar"... I'd like to see some 1080 caps though, as I've only seen some 720-rip caps. Even then, Boss still looked better than Fist.
i have both-Boss does look better than Fist-you can see every bead of sweat on Bruce & Han Ying Chieh's faces during the climax- but even Fist when i compared it side by side with the dvd is a definite upgrade.Neither disc is one you'd demo to show off blu-ray though.

Archived