BRUCE LEE'S BLU RAY COMING SOON IN HONG KONG

kowloon

* Star's subsidiary owns over 600 renowned Chinese movies

* Bruce Lee's titles in blu-ray format will be on sale in June

* Promoted by print ad and outdoor advertising

Hong Kong - STAR has stuck a deal with Hong Kong-based distributor Kam & Ronson Enterprise to produce Blu-ray discs for Chinese movies including the Bruce Lee series.

STAR's subsidiary Fortune Star, a contemporary Chinese film and television library, owns the copyright of over 600 popular movies.

Among them, Bruce Lee titles, including The Big Boss, The Way of the Dragon, Enter the Dragon and Fist of Fury, have been licensed and will be available on sale in mid June in the high definition Blu-ray format. It will hand the production to the local distributor Kam & Ronson Enterprise.

The deal covers Hong Kong and Macau but the Blu-ray discs will also reach Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand through third party distributors.

To reach wider audiences, there will be outdoor advertising including print ad and outdoor promotion.

"We look forward to give viewers everywhere an opportunity to see these incredible titles like never before," Yvonne Chuang, STAR's Vice President of Program Syndication & Distribution said.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do this right with good transfers, it'll be like ten freakin christmases rolled into one! This can't happen soon enough for me: HD=The Future.

Monk Sante

If they price these Blu rays at 20-something, they should at least include the original english dubs?:S

kungfusamurai

Who's the target market for these releases? If they're still putting out kung fu flicks on VCDs because HKers don't want to buy DVDs, and now they're expected to leap frog to Blu-Ray? I don't see these things being in print for very long.

KFS

TibetanWhiteCrane
Who's the target market for these releases? If they're still putting out kung fu flicks on VCDs because HKers don't want to buy DVDs, and now they're expected to leap frog to Blu-Ray? I don't see these things being in print for very long.

KFS

My thoughts exactly!

kungfusamurai
I am the target market. Eat me.

Sorry, I don't want to get food poisoning.

Still, it doesn't really answer my question. If there are so many people in HK wanting to buy VCDs instead of DVDs, then what are they expecting with Blu Rays? Limited Edition 100 copy pressings? The excuses I've heard for VCDs still being put out is the cost factor for the consumer over there. They just don't want to spend money on DVDs. Unless they're planning on selling Blu Ray discs at the same price as VCDs, not to mention selling Blu Ray players for dirt cheap, this will be an extremely short-lived fad.

KFS

tantao3-son of tantao2

who needs these exact same prints/versions of these Bruce Lee movies every 2 years? i do not!

TibetanWhiteCrane

I've bought all the BL flicks THREE times over!!!! And im not even a BL fan! Once on VHS, Once on early dvd, once on HKL version dvd.......THAT'S IT!!!!

:)

The Dragon
Agreed. How much better can Fortune Star's prints look on Blu Ray?

Don't believe that negative bull$yte! I played my FS version of FOF and BB on my Sony Blu-Ray 550, and it looked almost like glass! No artifacts, at all. ETD's BR disc is a so-so transfer, which I believe they really cut corners on.

I can only imagine how much I'll cream when I see the real 1080P's.

:nerd:

TibetanWhiteCrane, you'll buy, and enjoy buying!

:D

Omni Dragon

Will blu ray look much better than dvd?

video & dvd don't look much different

well for me videos get fuzzy & dvds skip, squares.

ThunderScore

well for me videos get fuzzy & dvds skip, squares.

My question regarding blu ray is just how good can a movie shot 40 or more years ago look before it's no longer the original image?

froffeecoffee
My question regarding blu ray is just how good can a movie shot 40 or more years ago look before it's no longer the original image?

Depending how much they put into remastering, it can look just like the original image seen in theaters.

well for me videos get fuzzy & dvds skip, squares. ?

It look a 100 times better. But you must have a high def television and theater sound system.

I'm not a technogeek, but I know someone will understand the importance of having the HD equip. It makes all the difference. Plus you can still play your dvds on a Blu-Ray player.

Omni Dragon
Depending how much they put into remastering, it can look just like the original image seen in theaters.

It look a 100 times better. But you must have a high def television and theater sound system.

I'm not a technogeek, but I know someone will understand the importance of having the HD equip. It makes all the difference. Plus you can still play your dvds on a Blu-Ray player.

yeah i have an LCD HD TV but the colour wrong i get like this odd blue colour my friend has blue dot that willn't go drak colours also get green & stuff when there black.

Omni Dragon
please show the covers of this 4 blu ray.

thanks

kowloon

Edit/Delete Message

don't mean to be rude but why do keep saying this?

froffeecoffee
yeah i have an LCD HD TV but the colour wrong i get like this odd blue colour my friend has blue dot that willn't go drak colours also get green & stuff when there black.

It looks like you might need to calibrate. Go to youtube and type in HD t.v. calibration, there are alot of good tutorials. Find the tutorial in which the instructor uses The Incredibles dvd. My brother used that one to fix his HD television.

Archived