Gwailo cameo in 8 Diagram!

falkor

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane
Is that Rusty from European Vacation? :nerd:

:D:D:D:cry: LOOOOOOOL!!!! damn, I almost puked!

I'm sure that's Toby Russell....

Yeah, the man has been photographed with more Kung celebrities than anyone I know, but I thought this picture was the one to be most proud of! Even if I found a picture of Toby and Bruce Lee I wouldn't put it out... Its more amazing to think he was actually on the set of a major Shaw piece with Pops and Sons! :)

Erm, wrong movie set.

I hope I made people think... :P

I found this as well... And, before you ask, no I've not used any Photoshop tricks this time. ;)

pops.jpg

I'm incredibly jealous of Toby Russell

How do you think I feel? I would be happy enough just to be photographed with Hwang Jang Lee. Toby really has met everyone though... even the Yuen Clan.

tobyti.jpg

toby2.jpg

toby3.jpg

toby4.jpg

toby5.jpg

If you pause the Celestial DVD at just the right moment, you will spot this Gwailo man! :D

OK G, you got me. I just went through the 15 second Shaw logo sequence and didn't see any flash frames. So, then I tried a frame at a time and still nothing. What's the time code when this photo appears?

OK G, you got me. I just went through the 15 second Shaw logo sequence and didn't see any flash frames. So, then I tried a frame at a time and still nothing. What's the time code when this photo appears?

He only appears in the 4th dimension--not through 2D Shaw Scope--glad you fell for it unless you are doing a Casanova Wong on me! :D:P

So how old is Russell in these pictures? He looks like he is in his late teens! I apologize for my ignorance, how did he foster his connection to the Hong Kong film scene?

jiujitsu77

dad was in the film business. im sure he made some sort of connections with HK, him being british and all

Shaolin Patriot

Toby's dad, Ken Russell, is a British film director. He directed the sci-fi film, Altered States, among many others.

No doubt the photos are Toby. He stands an impressive 6'7" in height. Looking at the photos, he towers over all the other actors (even Ti Lung, himself a tall fellow).

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Toby's dad, Ken Russell, is a British film director. He directed the sci-fi film, Altered States, among many others.

No doubt the photos are Toby. He stands an impressive 6'7" in height. Looking at the photos, he towers over all the other actors (even Ti Lung, himself a tall fellow).

No shit? Are you certain he's Ken Russel's son? That's wild. I'm a huge fan of Ken's films. Seeing ALTERED STATES in the theater at 12 or 13 really blew my mind (I haven't recovered yet :P).

I figured Toby must be really tall as I always thought Ti Lung was one of the tallest Chinese stars around. Those are fantastic pictures. I'm quite envious of all these great stars he met. But at least Toby is a true fan. Is he a cool dude? I never met him or anything.

Very interesting info! I didn't realize he was British - that certainly explains the Hong Kong connection. I love the fact that he was interested in that world of cinema at that time. Had to be one of few gweilos that was!

Shaolin Patriot
Are you certain he's Ken Russel's son?

Yes, his father is Ken Russell.

Ken Russell talks about one of my favorite groups The Who in the film The Kids Are Alright. I like what he has to say here. Please disregard the few seconds of Keith Moon being whipped. It has nothing to do with Ken Russell. I had to include it to get Ken's full statement about The Who.

This was the first clip I thought of once I put it together that the Ken Russell we were talking about was the same Ken Russell that directed the movie TOMMY.

He directed the film GOTHIC also.

3iKu_C5iz0o

Archived