Some nice pics!

falkor

ThunderScore
since i have a profound love for all things giant and monster like, could someone tell me about the ones that feature the phoenix and the giant dragons and spiders and such?

THE PHOENIX was released in the U.S. theatrically (by 21st Century) and on video (by Planet Video) as WAR OF THE WIZARDS. The running time was around 70 minutes or so - kinda short IMO... I'm guessing it was probably cut for release here...

The FX were supervised by Sadamasa Arikawa, who worked under Eiji Tsuburaya at Toho on their Giant Monster and SF films...

picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=94

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FALKOR MY FRIEND,I ONLY HAVE THE FRON´T SCAN OF THIS NEW MARTIAL HERO MAGAZINE,MY FRIEND FRANKYLAU FROM THE PHILLIPINEN SEND ME THAT !!!!

CHEERS

thedirtytiger

Hey Thunderscore, I have the Thai lobby set from it but I never managed to find the film. Do you have it, is it any good ?

ThunderScore
Hey Thunderscore, I have the Thai lobby set from it but I never managed to find the film. Do you have it, is it any good ?

I have it (as well as the U.S. one-sheet with the awesome Boris Vallejo art) and I found it pretty enjoyable.

As I said, the short running time makes me think the English version may have been edited. The FX sequences are cool - wish there were more of them.

Top-billed Richard Kiel doesn't have any dialogue IIRC. The English dubbing was done in the States by the same voice talent who worked for Titra, who dubbed many foreign films for American-International Pictures in the 60s & 70s. That means there are no "But Still, I Reckon" accents; it's more along the lines of SPEED RACER...

Archived