Some nice pics!

falkor

I've just been going through my 25,000 or so images and feeling a bit peed off because there's so much work to do to sort them out; anyone good at stitching lobby cards? :S Anyway, I came across these and thought they looked quite nice; where did they come from!? I don't even know what some of them are called i.e. the last one...

p112402739416.jpg

p112402739538.jpg

p112402739585.jpg

p112403657458.jpg

p112403657625.jpg

p112403657695.jpg

p112403657778.jpg

p112403716115.jpg

p112403716193.jpg

p112403997787.jpg

p112424342889.jpg

p112424343118.jpg

p112424461978.jpg

p112424462239.jpg

p112435483279.jpg

p112435546345.jpg

p112437890313.jpg

p112437934179.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Cool stuff bro! You are always hooking this forum up with the goods. Many thanks. :D

Guest Markgway

Film IDs:

1. Once Upon a Time in China IV

2. Swordsman II

3. Green Snake

4. http://cinema.nccu.edu.tw/cinemaV2/film_show.htm?SID=1731

5/6. The Phoenix

7. Monkey War

8. http://cinema.nccu.edu.tw/cinemaV2/film_show.htm?SID=594

9. ??

10. Aces Go Places - Our Man from Bond Street

11/12. A Valiant Villain

13/14. ??

15. Shaolin Tamo Buddhist Monk

16. Friendly Shock

17: Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain

18. Super Inframan

19. The Mighty Peking Man

20. Dream of the Red Chamber

21. White Fox?

22. The 8 Masters

23. No One Can Touch Her

24. My Blade, My Life

25. A Fist Full of Talons

26. The Ming Patriots

27. The 18 Bronzegirls of Shaolin

28/29. ??

30. ??

31. Love of the White Snake

32. ??

The ones that have English titles (ie. Ming Patriots) are correct.

I'll take a closer look at the others tomorrow.

bruceleeclones

great stuff. dont suppose theres any bruce clone images amongst those 25,000+ pics? ;)

Well done gway for identifying the majority and thanks Falkor for the pics but just leave wider gaps next time for more clarity between the various stills.

No 13 should be Shaolin Tamo Buddhist Monk aka Tamo Buddhist Monk

No 22 should be My Blade My Life

No 23 should be Fists Full Of Talons

Thank you. Finally I have the poster of Brigitte Lin's Love Of The White Snake for the DVD I mastered from the laserdisc.

jiujitsu77

since i have a profound love for all things giant and monster like, could someone tell me about the ones that feature the phoenix and the giant dragons and spiders and such?

are there youtube vids floating about?

since i have a profound love for all things giant and monster like, could someone tell me about the ones that feature the phoenix and the giant dragons and spiders and such?

are there youtube vids floating about?

Yeah a couple of those movies look right down my alley. Nice pics!

The movie between Monkey War and Thrilling Bloody Sword is Wonder Reborn.

The two following 18 Bronze Girls seem to be from Fairy and the Devil. I can't vouch for the people, but the creatures look familiar and I'm sure the white ape costume is from that movie.

Wanted to ask - do you have anything from 12 Animals aka 12 Fairies?

Nothing; only a VHS cover with the poster artwork on the front.

I was just looking through some Pearl films (all I seem to be doing lately!), and stumbled across this wonderful spread for Men On The Hour:

MenoftheHour+1977-3-b.jpg

http://www.hkmdb.com/db/movies/image_detail.mhtml?id=9653&image_id=117582&display_set=eng

This would probably rank as one of the best pics I've ever seen, and only reminds me as to why Kung is the best form of art known to man. Mind you, the film itself isn't that good, and the trailer makes it seem better than it really is.

The other 'Hour film unfortunately is a proper rare:

WomanOfTheHour.jpg

The poster artwork/VHS cover is what I was hoping for. I've only found small thumbnail versions.

The poster artwork/VHS cover is what I was hoping for. I've only found small thumbnail versions.

Why do you want that for?

That New Martial Hero looks interesting... does it feature any Taiwanese films, and do you recognise the Polly film off-hand?

I think the best magazine, for Rares, must be Movie Stories.

I just like the look of it.

Sorry, but I'm a bit weary of new members! :) Tell us a bit about yourself... what is your name and where are you from? How and when did you get into Kung Fu movies and/or Fantasy films?

falkor-

First off, I don't want to put you out. You obviously spend a lot of time scanning and researching your collection and I understand that would be a high priority for you. I like the movie and I don't know that I would actually have a use for the image, other than the fact that I could save it on my hard drive if I ever came up with an idea.

I live in Kansas. For Xmas about 10 years ago, my brother gave me some tapes. One of the movies was Spooky Encounters and when I saw Sammo doing the Monkey King, I was hooked. I generally prefer fantasy (12 Animals, Magic of Spell, etc), hopping vampire and ghost movies. Lately I've been doing a lot of trading and been spending way too much time researching titles and browsing for cover art - I'm weird that way. It did lead me to find the Laser Disc database (www.lddb.com). A member there named laserking has put up cover scans of just about every Lam Ching-Ying movie, many better than what the DVD got imo. Google would often lead me to this board and I decided to register when I recognized some of the movies in this thread.

Archived