Polly Shang Kwan

falkor

On 11/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, ShawAngela said:

Yes, that's right ; I know her as Gam Chi Lan and she played in Deadly Angels.

The picture You show is probably from the movie Tigresses.

Thankyou @ShawAngela, for confirming its her and I-D the movie the still is taken from.

• Like 1

As I already said, Shan Kuan Ling Fung is one of my favorite female actresses, and one of the first ones I saw in cinemas.

I discovered her in Bons Baisers de Hong Kong when I was a teenager, and I was absolutely mesmerized by her fight in the movie, a too short one, but well, she was only a guest star in a French comedy movie...

The second movie I saw her in was Ghostly face, called Karaté à Bali in French, and I think that that's the only movies of hers that were shown in French cinemas, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Most of the pictures fo the first page of this thread have disappeared, that's such a pity !!...:monk_crying:

Yes, those pictures that were posted on the first page were shared from a old website that is still there, but the pictures are no longer. http://www.rarekungfumovies.com/

• Like 4

The front cover of my French dvd of Heroine (but it seems to me that the movie on the isn't the right one, if I remember well...

P_20200401_131856_vHDR_On.jpg

• Like 6

I checked my above dvd and it's finally the right movie that I have, but I remember that I had bought another dvd called The heroine believing that it was Polly's one and that it wasn't...

• Like 3

I just rewatched this movie The heroine, and it seems that in comparison with the final fight shown by @DragonClaws, my French version is a little bit longer, since it shows the explanation between the old master and the supposed father of Polly, the arrival of Chang Yi's fiancée and he trying to escape from her and Polly chasing them to get Chang Yi !!

But the French version is as awful as the English versions I already mentioned, with screams during the fights, loud laughs and so on, it's really annoying, and I even noticed that some of the dialogues were in English or even some words in Mandarin !!

• Like 4

AlexanderFu

I just watched a great interview with her on the Blu-ray of Dragon Inn. - the Criterion has a bunch of interviews/mini documentaries.

She is great. Love the movies with her and Chang Yi, Judy lee/Chia Ling and the rest of the usual suspects.

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 5

Cognoscente

I wish that Polly had played the role of Mei Ling in Enter the Dragon. She had so much chemistry with Bruce in even the Game of Death set photos.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

The below is from a 1976 issue (#32) of True Beauty (this should replace the warped-looking version on the HKMDB).

1976 #32 True Beauty.jpg

• Like 4

Cognoscente

I would have loved to have seen Polly in a 70s movie where she played a tree-hugging hippy. The below pages are from the October '73 issue of Movie Story.

HKMS #10 1973.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

1972 28 cinemart.jpg

1977 120.jpg

25197311_1609063914_b2b464bf_progressive.jpg

I love her so much ! Thanks for sharing all these superb pictures !

One of them where she has very short hair is from the movie Behind the enemy lines, if I'm not mistaken, in which she co-stars with Chia Ling, Charlie Chin and several other famous actors.

I recently had the luck to get the original vcd of this movie and I enjoyed it as much as I did for the fist wieving, many years ago.

• Like 5