Steven Seagal

daisho2004

"D.A. Declines to Charge Steven Seagal in Sexual Assault Cast" - headlines from a Variety article posted on December 21, 2018 - https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/steven-seagal-da-declines-to-charge-1203094870/

"For the second time this year, the L.A. County District Attorney's Office has declined to file a sexual assault charge against actor Steven Seagal... In a statement, Bloom said the case was not charged solely because the law requires that older cases [in this case, 2002] include independent, corroborating evidence... Seagal is a Russian citizen, and earlier this year was appointed as a special envoy to improve U.S.-Russian relations." 

His IMDB page lists Attrition and General Commander as movies with him in the cast that get a 2018 release.  As for the future, Above the Law 2, with Seagal again playing Nico Toscani, has been announced.  Some hilarious stuff from his IMDB Bio page:  His nicknames include The Great One, Lord Steven, and The Master of Aikido.  "Unbeknownst to many, in 1997 Seagal publicly announced that one of his Buddhist teachers, His Holiness Penor Rinpoche, had accorded Seagal as a tulku, the reincarnation of a Buddhist Lama.  This initial announcement was met with some disbelief until Penor Rinpoche himself gave a confirmation statement on Seagal's new title.  Seagal has repeatedly discussed his involvement in Buddhism and how he devotes many hours studying and meditating this ancient Eastern religion."  

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 2

Cognoscente

Given how long that the project had been around, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever could have been a project that was perfect for Steven Seagal and JCVD.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Seagal and his Russian citizenship have already combined to create fake news (that Joe Rogan successfully fell for) - 

Seagal.jpg.fbfac3a08809b87341f1a76894e87d41.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cognoscente

In her autobiography, Sharon Stone referred to Sven Thorson when she said: "My brilliant new best friend, the tiger slayer Sven, said the funniest thing I ever heard to Steven Seagal, who was always so damn mean to everyone, challenging them to martial arts duels in every inappropriate place, just as the stories go. When I worked with him on the movie Above the Law, he told me not to stand too close, as I was standing in his "chi." But like my grandma Lela always said - If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
2 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

Above the Law, he told me not to stand too close, as I was standing in his "chi."

If it hadn't been Above The Law, I'd have assumed that "Chi" referred to his gravitational pull, lol.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:33 AM, KCN9NE said:

I was dying laughing  listing to this

Yes, it was very amusing, I'll have to check out more from them.

Even though I'm definitely not a fan, I think it's kind of a shame that this thread is mostly slagging off Seagal, but then again, he makes it so easy.

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
On 4/28/2021 at 9:15 PM, Josh Baker said:

Some of you may be interested in this video I made:

Sir, I found this video to be fat-phobic, how dare you make fun of such a colossal martial arts master. It is also racist, as Seagal Chinese; African; Native-American; etc.

Prepare yourself for imminent cancellation, as I have took to Twitter to have you removed from the internet.

Cheers for the vid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Big fan of his early work. As of now he's just a colossal jerkwad! Not to mention him trying to get in bed with some of the worst autocrats on the planet incl. Putin, Lukaschenko and Duterte to just name a few is nothing short of disgusting.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Big fan of his early work. As of now he's just a colossal jerkwad! Not to mention him trying to get in bed with some of the worst autocrats on the planet incl. Putin, Lukaschenko and Duterte to just name a few is nothing short of disgusting.

So Seagal literally believes he's a samurai.

I think it's sad that these guys had to kiss his ass so much. It's obvious that many of his techniques only use on a guy standing perfectly still but they had to nod and says "Wow!" like it was blowing their minds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One has to to wonder at what point in his life he started to believe his own BS. I mean in this interview below he pretty much claims he was discovered and accepted into a secret martial arts society because of the way he washed dishes!? It's hysterical and tragical at the same time to watch someone with this level of delusion.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

So has Seagal been unofficially retired as of 2019? He hasn't made a movie in three years, which is surprising, considering how many movies he used to release per year.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, DrNgor said:

So has Seagal been unofficially retired as of 2019? He hasn't made a movie in three years, which is surprising, considering how many movies he used to release per year.

Well there's still the rumoured part two for Above the Law. Starring the man, the myth, the legend himself :yociexp100:

• Like 1

Cognoscente

With his weight, he should make a movie that's a thriller about the food industry. It could be about rival cooks trying to sabotage each other's restaurants and taking things too far when it comes to a competition. Steven could play a cop who has a change of heart about his lifestyle after one donut too many leads him to having heart surgery.

• Haha 3

On 7/31/2022 at 9:28 PM, Cognoscente said:

With his weight, he should make a movie that's a thriller about the food industry. It could be about rival cooks trying to sabotage each other's restaurants and taking things too far when it comes to a competition. Steven could play a cop who has a change of heart about his lifestyle after one donut too many leads him to having heart surgery.

Wait What Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's one of the few documentaries focusing on his chosen martial arts 'Aikido'. Be warned this has been produced by the man himself :yociexpress01:

Edited by laagi
  • Haha 2