Steven Seagal

daisho2004

dionbrother

OUT FOR JUSTICE, MARKED FOR DEATH and ABOVE THE LAW hold up well two decades later. URBAN JUSTICE is the best direct-to-dvd release, and the Ching Tsiu Tung-directed IN THE BELLY OF THE BEAST is so bugfuck crazy, it's a blast.

One Armed Boxer
ABOVE THE LAW

HARD TO KILL

MARKED FOR DEATH

OUT FOR JUSTICE

THE GLIMMER MAN

UNDERSEIGE 1 & 2 (prefer 2 to 1 though)

EXIT WOUNDS

I'll second ShaOWlin!Dude's list, probably with the exception of 'Under Siege' which really didn't do anything for me, I loved the sequel though.

I'd also add 'Urban / Renegade Justice' & 'Pistol Whipped' to the list...movies that definitely are a throwback to Seagal's glory days. I haven't checked out his stuff after 'Pistol Whipped' though.

Into the sun was terrific

I thought it was on par with most of his DTV efforts, just with the added novelty of being set in Tokyo & seeing Seagal speak Japanese. However as usual it suffered from a massively disjointed plot, the opening sequence alone bears abosolutely zero relation to the rest of the movie, and in some parts it's just plain plodding.

My favorite DTV Seagal movie for just out and out pure comedy is 'Out of Reach', it is pretty much the definition of a so bad it's good movie. 90% of it features Seagal being dubbed over by someone who is trying so hard to sound like Seagal at some points me & my friends had tears in our eyes from laughter, the plot is as out there as it gets - Seagal plays a bird loving ex- (probably) CIA guy who has a psychic connection with a Polish girl that he's pen pals with who gets kidnapped - actually perhaps 'The Man from Nowhere' took inspiration from this movie.

I like a few of his movies but to be honest I'm not bothered by the majority of his films. I wouldn't mind seeing some of his early films again if they came on TV but I can't say he's ever had that Wow factor that the likes of Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, Tony Jaa etc etc have given me over the years.

I sometimes catch his straight to DVD films when they appear on Channel 5 but I pretty much lost interest in him after "the foreigner".

Guest Markgway

Out for Justice

Under Siege 2

Hard to Kill

The DTV era ranges from mediocre to garbage.

Unlike many of you I hated Urban Justice.

Guest WuxiaFan
But when he first came on the scene......DUDE! He was amazing!!!

ABOVE THE LAW

HARD TO KILL

MARKED FOR DEATH

OUT FOR JUSTICE

THE GLIMMER MAN

UNDER SEIGE 1 & 2 (prefer 2 to 1 though)

EXIT WOUNDS

I'll second ShaOWlin!Dude's list, probably with the exception of 'Under Siege' which really didn't do anything for me, I loved the sequel though.

I'll third ShaOWlin!Dude's list, with the exception of THE GLIMMER MAN which I didn't like at all, except for the restaurant and the final fight scenes.

Seagal's first 4 movies are classics! I also loved both UNDER SEIGE movies, with #2 the better of the two (IMO). The villians were superb in #2 with Everett McGill as Penn and Eric Bogosian as Travis Dane. Some of the best lines came out of that movie:

Dane (hacking Ryback's palm pilot): "hmm...Ryback's Recipies..."

Penn's Mercenary: "Casey fucking Ryback!"

Dane: 'Who's Casey fucking Ryback?"

Penn's Mercenary: "He's the BEST!"

Dane (looking at Penn): "I thought you were the best?"

Penn (to #1 Mercenary): "Did you see a body!?"

#1 Mercenary: "No, there was blood all over the place!" (Penn slapps the shit out of him!)

Penn: "Did you see a body?"

#1 Mercenary: "I assumed he was dead!"

Penn: "Assumption is the MOTHER of all FUCK-UPS!"

:bigsmile::xd:

Plus, who could forget Afifi Alaouie as the lone female mercenary - she was hotter than sin!

:wink:

One Armed Boxer
I'll third ShaOWlin!Dude's list, with the exception of THE GLIMMER MAN which I didn't like at all, except for the restaurant and the final fight scenes.

What....you didn`t like Seagal`s smoothly delivered lines about deer penis!?

I think `The Glimmer Man` was also the first movie which marked Seagal picking his own wardrobe for his movies....man some of the clothing he was wearing in that movie, they must have been from out of his own closet for sure!

OpiumKungFuCracker

He trained Machida and Silva, and has sex slaves??? Van Damme better get out of Brussels quick, the Segal train is moving fast, lol....

ShaOW!linDude

Oooooookay.

Well, that gives new meaning to "read the 'fine' print" ----- got to look 'fine' if you gonna be Seagal's gal!:tongue:

Seriously though, I find this hard to believe.

Son Of A Gun

I started to like Steven Seagal whilst watching the recent tv doc witch Justin Lee Collins.

I told my mum the next day of some things that made me laugh and she said "I don't like him. He used to beat his wife black and blue (Kelly LeBrock)"

I was like "Oh, I didn't know that". :sad: What a 'c*nt'. He doesn't seem the type atall but I guess people can totally change over the years.

Blood Sword

Submergen sucked bit but half past dead was again awesome stuff:bigsmile:.I still have about 9 seagals unseen:xd:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Master Seagal strikes again.

Hahahhah, Seagal looks like Eddie Munster for some reason... What a character that guy is!!!!

odioustrident

Marked for Death and Under Siege are classics; Belly of the Beast was kind of cool.

But... does anyone think Seagal fits the profile of a pathological liar? I don't have much real evidence to back that up, but I always got that impression. His whole Eastern thought bit comes off as a total sham, especially with his dry delivery and borderline retarded statements; its like he is totally detached from everything I have ever seen/ heard him say.

If his delivery is all part of his zen routine then its even more bullshit.

I have a feeling the guy pushed back mainstream acceptance of the ma genre a few years.

Hahahhah, Seagal looks like Eddie Munster for some reason... What a character that guy is!!!!

I swear to God he uses that spray-on hair: