Steven Seagal

daisho2004

daisho2004

I just got to watch Steven Seagal's new movie I thought it was alright. Its just a shame that he really has been made into a B-Rated movie Actor these days. He was the Man for a while but all his movies seem to be the samething, either he is an ex. CIA Agent or something like thing. I would like to see him as a bad Guy for a change. And his moves are basically the same in every movie, and you notice a lot of the time his stunt doubles in the scenes. Not to take anything away from him, because he is the Man. But when he put on all that extra weight I think it had an affect on him.

jiujitsu77

i just was posting about how, no matter what the movie is, seagal is still one of the top draws at my rental store. every title rents, and makes good money too.

i too, want him to be in higher caliber pictures...hell even on the DTV level he could do much better. either way, he is just getting a paycheck

daisho2004

True he still makes a lot of movies the go straight to DVD and I enjoy watching him, but his voice now is too low you can't even understand what the hell he is saying. I would love to see him in a movie like the Mechanic a remake of the Charles Bronson movie as a Hitman. That would be a cool role for him. Something that we never seen him in before. One good role would put him right back on top!

doug maverick

yeah revenge to kill was a cut above the rest of the DTV garbage he's been pumping. i just didnt like all the out of context cursing in russian, just to curse. as for the action, its sad because he was the first american action guy to use wide angles and long takes, and now he is all quick cuts, and haymakers and bad punchs.

karaokequeen

Just hate how he covers his baldness by sweeping his hair back into a pony-tail.

A shaven-headed bad guy would be an excellent career move, but ego prevents him from losing an on-screen fight.

The Dragon
... I would love to see him in a movie like the Mechanic a remake of the Charles Bronson movie as a Hitman. That would be a cool role for him... One good role would put him right back on top!

He was on top?!

:l

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

ABOVE THE LAW was a great cop thriller with authentic martial arts action dude! You know it. Then he made a bunch of more OTT, but very enjoyable action pics... basically everything was pretty good up until UNDER SEIGE 2.

The Dragon
ABOVE THE LAW was a great cop thriller with authentic martial arts action dude! You know it. Then he made a bunch of more OTT, but very enjoyable action pics... basically everything was pretty good up until UNDER SEIGE 2.

That was a long time ago, KFB. The man has been bad for far longer than he was good-You know that !

kungfusamurai

His three word movie titles were certainly some of the best work, with his Under Siege movies being the cream of the crop. I think it was Glimmer Man that was the beginning of the end for him, although I did enjoy Fire Down Below which came right after. His switch to hip-hop/urban movies, like Jet Li was doing, really was his downfall. Perhaps his brief cameo in Executive Decision was symbolic of the direction his career would take right after.

KFS

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

LOL;) Dragon's right. He's done way more bad ones than good ones at this point. Still... I'll be renting the new one come Tuesday. XD

Chinatown Kid

I really like the one where he took on the dreadlocked drug dealers, the one with screwface. Man he f'ed some people up in that movie. His best film would have to be Under Siege, and the help of Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey playing bad guys really brought it over. And of course the hot chick from Baywatch coming outta that cake!:P

Guest Markgway

I liked UNDER SIEGE 2 - seriously, lol

ON DEADLY GROUND was a bit dodgy despite some good action sequences.

THE GLIMMER MAN (from memory) was the first one that was seriously below par.

He was walking a tightrope from then until HALF PAST DEAD which was QUARTER PAST SHIT.

He's done nothing good since that I've seen.

I have to admit, I still buy some of his newer movies. I don't expect much but they're good when I want to see some predictable 'action'. It also doesn't hurt that they drop down to a price range of $6-10 (from a price of about $30) weeks after they're released. He had been going downhill since Under Siege II, IMO.

BTW, regarding Executive Decision, (if you believe Wikipedia) he went into hysterics when he found out that his character was going to die.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Always thought he was kinda douchy! But that doesn't stop me from owning some of his earlier efforts.....

Above The Law

Hard To Kill

Marked For Death

Out For Justice

Under Siege

On Deadly Ground

Under Siege 2

Anything after that is beyond crap!

Never been a big fan of his, above the law was good for the time, most of his movies are painful to sit through, I gave up a long time ago.

daisho2004

I'm sorry I thought "Out For Justice" was totally Garbage! This movie just sucked from beginning to End!

"Anyone know why Ritchie Killed Bobby Lupo"!

Marked For Death is the ONLY film of his that I've ever been able to enjoy.

Now I just like laughing at the Seagal posters that pop up at my local video shop.

Guest Markgway

OUT FOR JUSTICE rocks. That's my favourite. Probably the only film in which Seagal even bothers to act. Helps that the dialogue is sharper than usual. How can you not like a film that ends with Steve stabbing a corkscrew into a wiseguy's head?

HyperDrive

For post-millenium releases, I thought Belly of the Beast and to a lesser extent Into the Sun were ok. But Out for a Kill, Flight of Fury and Half Past Dead were ridiculous.

On a side note, go watch The Onion Movie. Seagal appears in this comedy as Cock Puncher the Superhero.