Female Fugitive (1975)

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

This was filmed on location in Thailand and may have been a co-production but unfortunately I can't find any specific evidence of such.

Any of our Thai browsers got any info?

I found these two actors names at the HKFA but I'm dubious that they're correctly spelt:

Pricha Gurkumpan

Gurkumhan Rutranapon

Anyone know their actual names?

I also have these Thai actors with Chinese (Cantonese) names only:

Choi Yeung

Pak Hau-Lam

Sze Wing Fan

One umatched Thai name I have is Pipop Pupinyo. Apparently they were Umberto Lenzi's Deep River Savages - but I've no idea who it is or even their gender?

Thx.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
It was a HK production that shot in Thailand and used some Thai actors.

Not a co-production then? If not why would it be listed at the Thai DB? Unless they think having Thai actors is enough of a reason?

Good job on the poster Yongpal. Anyone here speak Thai to translate it? lol

thedirtytiger

That Thai DB is about anything on screen that has Thai people. It's a HK production that shot in Thailand and used some local people. There were others too. All will be in my book ;)

Guest Markgway

Thx. It's listed on some sites as 'Rachinee Fin'. I thoguht it meant Opium Queen - but maybe it's Princess?

Well guys,

My apology goes to Markgway. Somehow, I screwed up myself so big time that I did not even pay attention to what I was saying here. AND "thanks" to THEDIRTYTIGER for correcting this out.

Yes, Raa-chi-nii literally means "Queen."

Thedirtytiger...are you Thai?

Topgun

thedirtytiger

Hehehe, no I'm not Thai but I have lived in Bangkok for 2 years and like Thai movies, I have learnt some of the language. Are you Thai Topgun ?

Hehehe, no I'm not Thai but I have lived in Bangkok for 2 years and like Thai movies, I have learnt some of the language. Are you Thai Topgun ?

Thanks, Thedirtytiger.

No, I am Hmong, an ethinic group of people once shared land with China. And legend has said that our great (I'll make it 10 times) ancestor Chi Yu,Hung Di, and Yang Di were once brothers. But you know who knows the story behind that? If you want to know more, please so search under "Hmong" and you will surely find more information.

Ok, to make story short. The Hmong came from China to Laos about 1820's.

Because of our alliance with the United States in the Secret War in Laos from 1960 to 1975, we were pushed out of Laos. My family escaped the killing of the Communist regime into Thailand in 1980. We spent nearly 7 years in four different refugee camps before coming to the US in September 1987 at age of 15.

While living in the camps, we were first taught the Thai language and then later tha Lao language was added to it. That's how I could understand Thai. If you read the thread "What got you into this gendre" or something like, you will see my response of how life in the camp was.

Well, too much from me now. Thanks for reading, guys.

Topgun

Archived