Information on the Yuen Clan?

falkor

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, but so did a lot of other AC's! Not trying to be a dick, just want to know your reasoning for lumping him (specifically) in with the Yuen Clan??

He seemed to be the closest to the Yuen Clan during the late 70s when they were working on classics like 7 Grandmasters and Born Invincible (both in my top 5), Hell's Wind Staff (my favourite Hwang Jang Lee film) and Massacre Survivor (my most wanted) among others. I could add Chin Yuet-Sang and Hsu Hsia, but in my line of enquiry, they are not nearly as significant as Yuen Kwai, "the Wei Pai of the Yuen Clan"! :)

BornInvincible-SunnyYuen_CoreyYuen_a31d60eb3bdee7b97109c6143db5c2ad.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, I was actually thinking Hsu Hsia too. But I guess you're right, Cory was kind of a Yuen Clan hang around in those years!

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtm...isplay_set=eng

Thanks for the awesome article scans, once again good stuff.

No worries, mate! I got a magazine article somewhere for Devil Woman under the "Evil Snake Girl" title; will scan it sometime to check the Chinese credits.

Some Yuen-based UK cinema flyers:

fly1.jpg

fly2.jpg

fly3.jpg

Massacre Survivor played several times!

MassacreSurvivor1.jpg

MassacreSurvivor2.jpg

Cognoscente

In Wong Jing's autobiography, he mentioned that Yuen Cheung-Yan was the number one stunt double in the seventies due to his slender frame enabling himself to double women as well as men.

The below image was taken from Jing's book. The bottom right caption refers to the above info on YCY whereas the top right caption is for the photo to the left of the Yuen trio photo. The other photo depicts Mona Fong and Cheng Kang. The latter's The King of Gambler (sic) was considered to be the Goliath to Jing's David (i.e. Challenge of the Gamesters was the movie that YCY worked on).

IMG_20210524_073507.jpg

• Like 2