After Ip Man????

June

hello all,

what are you watching after ip man? anything coming out close or just as good as this film?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey June, what's up? ;)

Did you see ONG-BAK 2 yet?

CHAMPIONS (2008) had some really nice kung fu in it. It's not a great, or very original movie, but it felt good to watch a HK film that didn't use wires in every shot... That's right INVISIBLE TARGET... I'm talking about you! Still, that was an enteraining film. I would say DO NOT waste your time with LEGENDARY ASSASSIN. A real waste of time.

What's up kung fu bob,

I saw all the films you mentioned. I also picked up dubbed versions of DEADLY BREAKING SWORD & HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL. didn't watch them yet but i was at the flea market in pennsauken nj and all kung fu is 3 for $10.00. Invisible Target is still awesome.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Wow, I haven't been to that flea market in about 5 years I guess. Didn't they close the Pennsauken Mart itself? My parents used to take me there on weekends when I was a kid. Mart pizza, comic books, and sometimes then we'd go to a movie... a perfect Saturday.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Bob,

Just got Wushu in the mail today. Any reviews?

It's geared towards teens, so there's slobber instead of blood during the beatdowns. It's HK-Lite, so it's entertaining, but nothing fabulous. There are some good fight scenes, and even better forms and training sequences. There's one impressive bit with a young lady doing a one legged stance on a high stairway. Sammo is cool as usual, but is doubled here more than ever. From what Donnie Yen was saying, Sammo is in pretty bad shape. I think all of his injuries, his weight, and his age are really catching up with him. Honestly, I'm surprised he's still able to do the things he does. Anyway, I'd give it around a 6.5-7.0 out of 10.

Archived